The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Accommodation

Hi, I've received an unconditional offer from Bournemouth for September 2016 and I'm really excited. I have some questions about housing though:

1) does it come already furnished and filled with kitchen appliances eg kettle, cutlery, plates etc.
2) can I pay extra to have a double bed?
3) which accommodation is the best for social life and fun, but not too far away from uni

Thanks
Reply 1
Hiya!
I'm a first student studying PR, currently staying in Purbeck House.
To answer your questions, the rooms comes completely furnished and the kitchen (for Purbeck at least) comes with a kettle, microwave, iron and ironing board but no cutlery, plates, cooking utensils.
I'm pretty sure there isn't an option to pay extra for a double bed (unless you want a studio flat on your own, in which a double bed is usually a standard), but I think Dorchester has double beds - pretty sure all the other halls don't.
All of the main halls are extremely near to each other and the town centre - Cranborne, Purbeck, Chesil and Dorchester are all pretty much right next to each other, with easy access to the town, beach and ALL of the main clubs, so I'd go for one of them, as they're the most popular with the most sociable people.

Hope I helped!
- Hayley
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by jkmichelle
Hi, I've received an unconditional offer from Bournemouth for September 2016 and I'm really excited. I have some questions about housing though:

1) does it come already furnished and filled with kitchen appliances eg kettle, cutlery, plates etc.
2) can I pay extra to have a double bed?
3) which accommodation is the best for social life and fun, but not too far away from uni

Thanks

Hi jkmichelle!

I’m a first year animation student staying at Dorchester House.

To answer your questions:At Dorchester house the kitchen is already furnished, and equipped with a microwave, but you need to bring your own toaster and kettle. When you arrive, it’s something that you can buy with your flat mates :-)

As far as I know, Dorchester is the only accommodation that has double beds, and it also has a higher rent compared to the other halls, so technically you can pay more for a double bed :-P

Dorchester house is pretty social, and a plus for me is that a lot of people on my course at Dorchester too, so we do lots of fun things together, almost like a little family! All of the halls are lively, but if you’re the party type, I’ve heard that Cranborne or Purbeck is the place to be. Not to say my halls aren’t any fun though :-P

Really I think it depends on the people that you’re around. Regardless of what halls you’re at, if you’re surrounded my good friends it will always be fun! Like Hayley said, all of the halls in the Lansdowne area are really close to each other, the town centre and the beach, I’d say it comes down to personal preference.

Here’s a link to the accommodation page and also, a fellow student ambassador did an honest breakdown of the accommodation available:

https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation

https://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/undergraduate/2015/07/03/fleurs-story-bu-accommodation-breakdown/

I hope this helps!

Chereen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending