The Student Room Group

Peachy23's journey to AS Success!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rajive
I know how you feel about not looking at unofficial mark schemes but then looking at them anyway.:colonhash:

I know! It's so tempting to look at them :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by Sambhav1
Good Luck with the rest of your exams! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 42
5/6/16

It's definitely been very long since my last post but I've been using half term to relax for a by after all the exams. I still have 4 exams left but I honestly didn't do much work at all over the holidays because I had absolutely no motivation :frown: I have French tomorrow which I'm not too worried about as it's one of the subjects I find more enjoyable but I'm seriously stressed about the listening because I've always been a bit rubbish at it and I'm a bit worried about the verb/adjective gap fill.

I did all the reading sections in all the available past papers today and I'm probably going to wake up early to do a listening or two as well as looking over my verb conjugations for different tenses (I always get mixed up between conditional and future:/) I also want to look at conditional perfect as I keep forgetting how to do it and I want to try and incorporate it into my essay.

I'm also going to look over all the bullet point sheets I have for different essay topics and look at essay phrases that I've gathered from the internet over the year. I really hope I can get it all done :/

Then, I have general studies in the afternoon which I'm not too bothered about tbh so I probably won't revise for it :biggrin:

I'll then have 3 days to revise for Organic Chemistry which I'm extremely stressed about because I know I've done very badly in the Inorganic and I seriously need to compensate for that!
Reply 43
Original post by Peachy23
5/6/16

It's definitely been very long since my last post but I've been using half term to relax for a by after all the exams. I still have 4 exams left but I honestly didn't do much work at all over the holidays because I had absolutely no motivation :frown: I have French tomorrow which I'm not too worried about as it's one of the subjects I find more enjoyable but I'm seriously stressed about the listening because I've always been a bit rubbish at it and I'm a bit worried about the verb/adjective gap fill.

I did all the reading sections in all the available past papers today and I'm probably going to wake up early to do a listening or two as well as looking over my verb conjugations for different tenses (I always get mixed up between conditional and future:/) I also want to look at conditional perfect as I keep forgetting how to do it and I want to try and incorporate it into my essay.

I'm also going to look over all the bullet point sheets I have for different essay topics and look at essay phrases that I've gathered from the internet over the year. I really hope I can get it all done :/

Then, I have general studies in the afternoon which I'm not too bothered about tbh so I probably won't revise for it :biggrin:

I'll then have 3 days to revise for Organic Chemistry which I'm extremely stressed about because I know I've done very badly in the Inorganic and I seriously need to compensate for that!

Can I ask what you got in French GCSE if you don't mind?
Reply 44
Original post by Rajive
Can I ask what you got in French GCSE if you don't mind?

I got an A* :smile:
Are you doing French?
Reply 45
I got an A* :smile:
Are you doing French?

Nope GCSE Spanish
Reply 46
Original post by Rajive
Nope GCSE Spanish

Oh right. How is Spanish going? I did Spanish GCSE as well :smile:
Reply 47
Oh right. How is Spanish going? I did Spanish GCSE as well :smile:

It's going well, I did my exam about 4 weeks ago. How are languages at a level by the way?
Reply 48
Original post by Rajive
It's going well, I did my exam about 4 weeks ago. How are languages at a level by the way?

Oh, that's good! I'd say that languages at A Level are definitely much more challenging than at GCSE because you really learn the language rather than just memorising things (you have to write an essay in the paper and have to hold a conversation in the speaking) but it's definitely not as bad as it sounds. I almost didn't take French for A Level because I was worried about the speaking and writing aspect of it but now it's one of my favourites!
Reply 49
16/6/16

So, exams are finally over! :biggrin:
Organic chemistry did not go amazingly well but it went much better than Inorganic. I'm hoping for it to compensate enough for me to get a B but I'm still unsure. It's a bit upsetting for me because I'm usually an A students and I have certain expectations for myself (and my parents have high expectations too) and I thought I wouldn't have to try at all because I barely did anything last year but still came out with good grades. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until too late that A Levels require much more work than GCSEs despite people telling me about how difficult they are. I honestly wish I had tried harder because I feel like none of my exams have gone how I wanted them to.

I had S1 yesterday and I was aiming for 100ums as I hadn't done that great in C1 and C2 and I think it went much better than both of them (although not enough for 100ums :/) but I'm still praying and hoping that I get that A in Maths. I seriously hope the grade boundaries are somewhat lower because I really need those grades :frown:

School started on Monday but we hadn't really started doing anything until today. We started C3 and have looked at some A2 French and Chemistry (we did a Chemistry A2 assessed practical as well) I'm going to be dropping Chemistry (I think!) because not only am I not very good at it, I just absolutely loathe the lessons and practicals and find it extremely boring which makes it very difficult for me to find the motivation to revise for it. I wish I could drop it now but we're not allowed to until after results.
Reply 50
27/6/16

There isn't much for me to say now that exams have finished as I'm so tired that I don't have the strength or motivation to do anything apart from stuff I have to do. That being said, I've still been getting homework from all of my teachers (mostly in Chemistry which is very annoying as I really dislike it).

We've finished the functions chapter in C3 so I've just received homework for that and I get regular French homework anyway. The only subject which seems relatively relaxed is Economics but we've still started the A2 course.

I do, however, have a lot to do this week as we have to apply on UCAS by Friday (a school deadline) and it takes a while to get everything sorted. I've done about half of it but I stopped in the middle and plan on carrying on again in a few days so it shouldn't take too long. I'm also planning on entering an Economics essay competition as I want to do Economics at University so I need to get started on that as well. I also need to start writing my personal statement. Lots of people I know have written quite a bit already and some are even on their second/third drafts while I've written absolutely nothing so it's quite worrying for me as I don't know how to start. I can feel the stress piling on again so I'm going to try and get a few things done by the end of this week so I can fully focus on my personal statement next week. I'm
Reply 51
27/6/16

There isn't much for me to say now that exams have finished as I'm so tired that I don't have the strength or motivation to do anything apart from stuff I have to do. That being said, I've still been getting homework from all of my teachers (mostly in Chemistry which is very annoying as I really dislike it).

We've finished the functions chapter in C3 so I've just received homework for that and I get regular French homework anyway. The only subject which seems relatively relaxed is Economics but we've still started the A2 course.

I do, however, have a lot to do this week as we have to apply on UCAS by Friday (a school deadline) and it takes a while to get everything sorted. I've done about half of it but I stopped in the middle and plan on carrying on again in a few days so it shouldn't take too long. I'm also planning on entering an Economics essay competition as I want to do Economics at University so I need to get started on that as well. I also need to start writing my personal statement. Lots of people I know have written quite a bit already and some are even on their second/third drafts while I've written absolutely nothing so it's quite worrying for me as I don't know how to start. I can feel the stress piling on again so I'm going to try and get a few things done by the end of this week so I can fully focus on my personal statement next week. I'm

I thought you couldn't apply until September 9th?
Reply 52
Original post by Nowen
I thought you couldn't apply until September 9th?

I don't know :/ I think we've just had to fill in our details and get it all sorted out.
Reply 53
10/7/16

It's been awfully long since I last posted but I've been very busy with application stuff and writing my essay for the competition. I spent the whole weekend doing it and finally got it done and sent off on Sunday but I don't know how well I've done on it and I think I could've written more for it. But now that that's over I have to finish my personal statement and my school has an internal deadline for tomorrow! It's a bit annoying because there's going to be things I'll be doing over the summer that I need to put in my personal statement but I'm going to try and get as much as I can done now so that I don't have to worry as much over the holidays/next year. I've only written about 200 words and I know it should be around 700 so I'm planning on waking up extra early tomorrow to do some and then finish it off at school. Fortunately, I don't have to come in to school for the rest of the week! But it's a little bit stupid because I still have a week of school after this upcoming week where we have normal lessons so I'm a little upset about that :frown:
Reply 54
AS Results Day was on the 18th of August and I was actually majorly disappointed. I remember before starting year 12, I was told by many that A Levels are much more difficult than GCSEs and that I won't get away with cramming the night before an exam. I never really listened to what others said and thought I would do great with barely any revision so cramming before the exam is exactly what I did. I think my results reflect that because I got BCDD in Economics, Maths, French and Chemistry. The French mark actually came as a complete shock to me as I'd been doing will in French throughout the year and I did better in my mock. My French speaking results was also a C compared to the B I got in my mock. I was really disappointed with French so I'm retaking the whole thing next year. I'm also retaking the C1 module in maths because I got a D in it and got B's in C2 and S1. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I think these results have made me realise that I need to work harder and I won't just get everything handed to me. The results have definitely been a wake up call for me and and I can feel myself getting more motivated because I'm not going to let these results from stopping me from doing what I want. I'm aware that I'm going to have to work extra hard next year to make up for all the work I didn't do this year but I'm determined to make this work. I think I'm definitely going to have to start as soon as possible so I'll probably start going through the AS stuff that I have to do next year. Then, I'll go over the A2 stuff that we've already learnt and then, when we continue the A2 course, I'll start going over it when I get home from school and making notes as I go along instead of leaving them until the end. I'm also dropping Chemistry as I seriously despised it the whole time I was doing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending