The Student Room Group

Accounting Apprenticeships

Am I making a mistake by intending to get an apprenticeship when I got these grades at GCSE:

Maths - 8
English Language - 9
English Literature - 8
Combined Science - 98
Geography - 8
History - 9
Business - 8
Computer Science - 7
Sport Science - D2
Original post by propergoodman
Am I making a mistake by intending to get an apprenticeship when I got these grades at GCSE:

Maths - 8
English Language - 9
English Literature - 8
Combined Science - 98
Geography - 8
History - 9
Business - 8
Computer Science - 7
Sport Science - D2

You mean instead of going to sixth form? Or uni?
No, you are not :smile:
Everyone has their own unique journey and if you intend to do an apprenticeship and that is right for you, the you should go for it!
You can be successful with or without higher education. And a massive pro is that you will not be buried in debt for the majority of your life. Your grades are fantastic and well done - any sixth form or apprenticeship company that takes you is very lucky and you will definitely learn the skills which are more important for your chosen career field. University isn't the only path in 2023 for sure!
Original post by baikbaiksaja
You mean instead of going to sixth form? Or uni?
No, you are not :smile:
Everyone has their own unique journey and if you intend to do an apprenticeship and that is right for you, the you should go for it!
You can be successful with or without higher education. And a massive pro is that you will not be buried in debt for the majority of your life. Your grades are fantastic and well done - any sixth form or apprenticeship company that takes you is very lucky and you will definitely learn the skills which are more important for your chosen career field. University isn't the only path in 2023 for sure!

instead of uni

Quick Reply

Latest