The Student Room Group

Guide Dog Mobility Instructor

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any experience applying for guide dogs as a mobility instructor? I’m waiting to hear if I get a phone interview but I’m quite confident I should at least get a phone interview. Any tips from questions they ask to the whole application process would be greatly appreciated.Cheers in advance
Hi , just wondering if you got the telephone interview ?
Reply 2
I didn’t :frown: get emailed to say here was a massive amount of applications. I was gutted and even a bit shocked as whilst I didn’t feel confident I would get he job, I really felt I would get an interview as I met all the essential, desirable criteria and more! But everything happens for a reason and I’m just hoping there’s something amazing round the corner lol. Did u get an interview?

Original post by Eddielizard)
Oh , sorry to hear that . Yes I did get an interview and through to the assessment . I believe there was a huge application response and have no idea how many go through to the assessment stage .

Good luck and don’t give up though 😊
Reply 4
Oh amazing well done!!! Fingers crossed it all goes well for you!! Where do u live? I’m in Belfast and the assessment centre was tomorrow and Wednesday! Stay calm and be the yourself!! Let me know how you get on!
Reply 5
Just wondering do you have lots of experience with dog handling and working with people with disabilities? There must have been some competition I was shocked I didn’t get an interview as I have 4 alevels 2 of which are animal related, was a manager of a busy bar and am now s dog groomer. Also plenty of experience with disabled and even blind as a family meneber is blind! Maybe it just mustn’t be my tahmmsht ok time
Reply 6
Hey! Any progress with ur application? Hope you get it
Reply 7
What was involved with the assessment stage?
Original post by melj4
I didn’t :frown: get emailed to say here was a massive amount of applications. I was gutted and even a bit shocked as whilst I didn’t feel confident I would get he job, I really felt I would get an interview as I met all the essential, desirable criteria and more! But everything happens for a reason and I’m just hoping there’s something amazing round the corner lol. Did u get an interview?

Original post by Eddielizard)

Im currently going through this now lol
Reply 9
Original post by Asadhumanbean
Im currently going through this now lol

Hey! I’m about to go through this myself, how was your interview journey? I’ve been offered the first interview over zoom but the next stage (if successful) is a assessment day and I’m terrified!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending