The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra Help

So almost 3 months after applying for university, I've realised that I no longer actually want to do my course (genius, I know). Over the past few months, I've given more thought as to what I a) really like to do and b) what I'd like to pursue a career in (Publishing, just for some context). I've also found a few universities that offer really good publishing courses that I would love to go to.

Anyway, I wanted to know if there's anyway of finding out if courses/universities will consider Extra applications? Is it worth calling them now or to watch until Extra actually starts? And will I need to write a new personal statement considering my original course choice is quite different to what I want to do now?

Thanks!
Original post by EllieBowker13
So almost 3 months after applying for university, I've realised that I no longer actually want to do my course (genius, I know). Over the past few months, I've given more thought as to what I a) really like to do and b) what I'd like to pursue a career in (Publishing, just for some context). I've also found a few universities that offer really good publishing courses that I would love to go to.

Anyway, I wanted to know if there's anyway of finding out if courses/universities will consider Extra applications? Is it worth calling them now or to watch until Extra actually starts? And will I need to write a new personal statement considering my original course choice is quite different to what I want to do now?

Thanks!

No harm in asking now and yes you ll probably need a new ps.
Phone likely Universities now (don't email, it'll take too long) and see if they will accept an Extra application from you - do this before Extra actually starts. Explain your circumstances and ask if you can submit a new PS direct to the Uni - but they dont have to accept one.

To be eligible for Extra you will have to decline any existing offers and withdraw from any other choices where you are still waiting for a decision so make sure you do this in advance as well.

Advice about Extra here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Ucas_extra

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending