The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlotteW8
Hi guys,
I got rejected from my firm so got into Sheffield because it was my insurance and the only options when applying for accommodation yesterday were city accommodation and catered endcliffe. I went with city but I'm regretting it now because I heard it's really quiet and not very social. Has anyone lived there and is it worth calling Sheffield on Monday to see if I can change my accommodation preference to endcliffe catered ?

Hi there, I'm in exactly the same position as you I went city self-catered, I think you will still just get allocated accommodation so you might end up at endcliffe anyway
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by sammyj7182
Hi there, I'm in exactly the same position as you I went city self-catered, I think you will still just get allocated accommodation so you might end up at endcliffe anyway

Hi guys, in the same position as both of you. I actually emailed the accomodation office about this and they said that yeah the option we chose does include endcliffe/Ranmoor but he said that Endcliffe is almost full so it's extremely unlikely that we'd be placed there. Hopefully though as we're all in the same position as each other and we're all first years they'll at least place us together, wherever we are
Original post by JMACM98
Hi guys, in the same position as both of you. I actually emailed the accomodation office about this and they said that yeah the option we chose does include endcliffe/Ranmoor but he said that Endcliffe is almost full so it's extremely unlikely that we'd be placed there. Hopefully though as we're all in the same position as each other and we're all first years they'll at least place us together, wherever we are

Yeah I hope so! I've emailed them to change my preference to Endcliffe catered this morning but I think I'll call Monday once they're open again as well to properly discuss. All the people in my course chat seem to be at Endcliffe, really hoping there are some places left there or at Ranmoor :frown:
Yeah I hope so! I've emailed them to change my preference to Endcliffe catered this morning but I think I'll call Monday once they're open again as well to properly discuss. All the people in my course chat seem to be at Endcliffe, really hoping there are some places left there or at Ranmoor :frown:

In the same position as everyone here, was a bit worried at first because the Ranmoor/Endcliffe accommodation looks a lot bigger with more buildings etc. but there's still over 1000 students in the city accommodation so I think it should still be buzzing and won't be too quiet. That's the hope anyway
Anyone here know if Curbar is mixed gender or not?

Good idea, how did your call go? And which course are you doing? :smile:
Original post by TheJack12
In the same position as everyone here, was a bit worried at first because the Ranmoor/Endcliffe accommodation looks a lot bigger with more buildings etc. but there's still over 1000 students in the city accommodation so I think it should still be buzzing and won't be too quiet. That's the hope anyway

Me too, I've kind of accepted that I'm likely going to be in city accommodation so I'm just planning to make the most of it. Hopefully they'll place all of us first years together so we can still enjoy freshers the same as everyone else!
Original post by JMACM98
Me too, I've kind of accepted that I'm likely going to be in city accommodation so I'm just planning to make the most of it. Hopefully they'll place all of us first years together so we can still enjoy freshers the same as everyone else!

hey just thought I'd message you to let you know that Sheffield was my firm choice and I put the city accomodation down as my first choice however the woman told me it's fully booked so i was placed in Ranmoor (which I'm happier with). just incase you thought you'd get put in city, there could be a chance of being put in Ranmoor but don't quote me on it haha!
Original post by Lauraaa898
hey just thought I'd message you to let you know that Sheffield was my firm choice and I put the city accomodation down as my first choice however the woman told me it's fully booked so i was placed in Ranmoor (which I'm happier with). just incase you thought you'd get put in city, there could be a chance of being put in Ranmoor but don't quote me on it haha!

Oh okay, thank you for letting me know! Yeah, I was told I'd likely be in city or Ranmoor, but I assumed it'd be city as I thought Ranmoor would be more full. I'm glad to hear that!
Original post by JMACM98
Oh okay, thank you for letting me know! Yeah, I was told I'd likely be in city or Ranmoor, but I assumed it'd be city as I thought Ranmoor would be more full. I'm glad to hear that!

Yeah, I was regretting putting city down as my first choice as I heard it wasn't that lively, not that I'm into clubbing and stuff that much but it's nice to have an atmosphere sort of thing. but yeah she told me city was fully booked so you could probably be in Ranmoor :smile: and no problem!
Thanks guys it seems a fair few of us are in the same boat which makes me feel a bit better about it! 😀
Anyone in Yarncliffe B1? :smile:
Hey I got into Sheffield late too and I was also told I would probably end up in city self catered so good to know I'm not alone. Does anyone know when we're likely find out?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ecolebrook
Hey I got into Sheffield late too and I was also told I would probably end up in city self catered so good to know I'm not alone. Does anyone know when we're likely find out?

I think people have been saying it can take up to 10 days from when you apply
Guys, does anyone know how many rooms are on one floor/ flat (all en suite, self catered) at the city accommodation at Allen court?
Original post by TheJack12
I think people have been saying it can take up to 10 days from when you apply

Thanks 😊
Original post by Cakey_101
Guys, does anyone know how many rooms are on one floor/ flat (all en suite, self catered) at the city accommodation at Allen court?

I don't remember 100% but I think each floor had around 4-5 flats with each flat containing 4-6 bedrooms. Something like that.
Burbage D2 anyone?
Is anyone else staying in Aspect 3 this year?
Anyone in Windgather A2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending