The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fd1565dasd
I am a hong kong student that will be exchange in the upcoming autumn semester. I have applied the encliff accommodation and the deadline of it will be the end of this month. I wonder when the accomodation offer will be given? As I am concerned about when can I check in the university accomodation and the accomodation letter for entering the uk border. Thank you.

It depends if you already have an unconditional offer or not. If you do, you should be hearing from them now about your accommodation

However, if your offer is still conditional, you will not be allocated accommodation until you send the university your results so they can confirm your place *
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Alex07
Hey has anyone had their accommodation offer yet?

Hey how have you guys got your offers so early? Isn't it to be confirmed on results day?
Original post by Sonusha88
Hey how have you guys got your offers so early? Isn't it to be confirmed on results day?

Unconditional students started getting offers just over a week ago. :smile:
Hi All,
If you are looking around for Student Accommodation, you can easily book a viewing at Study Inn Sheffield, you may of seen our banner on TSR website, I wont bore you all with the ins and outs, but just to say feel free to visit our website take a look and if you need any help please get in touch!

Thanks very much
David
I'm not sure whether to choose en suite of shared bathrooms. Are shared bathrooms single or mixed gender?
[QUOTE=OrangeFr3ak;66671672]I'm not sure whether to choose en suite of shared bathrooms. Are shared bathrooms single or mixed gender?

Shared bathrooms can be mixed as my friend was in a mixed flat sharing a bathroom!
Original post by Sheffieldgirl02
Shared bathrooms can be mixed as my friend was in a mixed flat sharing a bathroom!

So both guys and girls share the bathroom like in the US or are there separate bathrooms for guys and girls?
Original post by OrangeFr3ak
So both guys and girls share the bathroom like in the US or are there separate bathrooms for guys and girls?

Both guys and girls share the same bathroom :smile:
In Stephenson halls the floors last year were single sex
Which are the mixed and non-mixed halls/blocks then?
Original post by neal95
In Stephenson halls the floors last year were single sex

Original post by OrangeFr3ak
Which are the mixed and non-mixed halls/blocks then?

I know Endcliffe Vale flats are mixed sex shared bathroom
Original post by super_kawaii
I know Endcliffe Vale flats are mixed sex shared bathroom

Alright, thanks!
Hey guys!

I'm a postgraduate student from India and I'm going to be studying Architecture at Sheffield.
While looking for accommodation, I'd initially thought of taking an ensuite room at Allen Court. However, I came across Sheffield 3 run by Derwent Students recently and now I'm super confused. Can someone give me an insight into both options?
I am an international fresher coming in to UoS but I prefer to live alone with the conveniences of the city centre. One of my senior has recommended me Sheffield Residential but I am looking through. Has anybody used Sheffield residential for private accommodation? Is private accommodation recommended?
Maybe it is too late to find accommodation now, but is it possible to try private accommodation? I am the kind that prefers to live alone and near the city centre.My senior recommended me to Sheffield residential and I am still browsing through private accommodation
Original post by Kingsley987
Maybe it is too late to find accommodation now, but is it possible to try private accommodation? I am the kind that prefers to live alone and near the city centre.My senior recommended me to Sheffield residential and I am still browsing through private accommodation

Hello Kingsley,

If you decide to go with private accommodation may I suggest Pearl Works, it's right in the heart of the city centre and just a short walk from UoS.
For more information you can go to Omnia Space.

Wish you luck for the future,

Callum.
Original post by Collegiate Accommodation
Hello Kingsley,

If you decide to go with private accommodation may I suggest Pearl Works, it's right in the heart of the city centre and just a short walk from UoS.
For more information you can go to Omnia Space.

Wish you luck for the future,

Callum.

Hi Callum,

I have read the recommendations that you have sent me. Pearl Works is indeed a lovely place. However, I was thinking of Smithfields, which is on West Street and near to the clubs and 2 mins walk to Tesco Metro.

Here is a reference:
https://www.sheffieldresidential.com/property/details/107
I'm staying in private accommodation, it's called Fortis Student Living and it's on Queen Street in the city centre. Will anyone else be living in private accommodation or in the same place as me??

I feel a bit left out :s-smilie: Haha!
Just accepted my contract for D2 in Derwent Apartments, so hyped right now! Anyone else in Derwent?
Original post by BossManWozMan
Just accepted my contract for D2 in Derwent Apartments, so hyped right now! Anyone else in Derwent?

Yup, I'm in A4 :smile: The official group is here if you haven't joined it already; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1617derwent/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending