The Student Room Group

Anyone else scared of being lied to?

I'm scared of starting a relationship because I'm scared the whole thing will be a lie.

I'm scared of being led on and lied to.

What can I do about my trust issues?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm scared of starting a relationship because I'm scared the whole thing will be a lie.

Experience it. - A relationship that is
Yes, I'm a honest person and I would like to think that whoever I'm talking to is also honest with me.
Original post by Anonymous

Do you think your trust issues stem from anything? Or is it just that you've heard about relationships like this? If it's the former, I'd recommend maybe talking it through with a therapist and if it's the latter is just say that a big part of getting into relationships is putting your trust on the line and hoping for the best, while you might hear some bad stories about trust being broken in relationships, there are also many people who are able to make it work. If you're with the right person, your relationship will be built on mutual trust and respect and if you're with the wrong person, as much as it may hurt, it s important that you figure this out in whatever way the relationship ends so you can move onto more rewarding relationships.
But if you doubt yourself before even entering a relationship you'll worry for nothing. Give it a try first because you could be missing out on a great thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending