The Student Room Group

why can’t i get into another relationship

My second boyfriend (we haven’t been together for over a year) I thought was the love of my life at the time, he left me out of nowhere and then harassed me the following 6 months afterwards even though he got a new girlfriend in that time. He was really nasty and lied about me and cheated on me and still felt he should have an influence on my life a while later. After we ended things he went off with anyone he could and he’s now had two girlfriends in the time we’ve been apart.

Me on the other hand, I keep getting too scared to get into any relationship, i don’t even think i’ve felt feelings for anyone even though i’ve tried, i’m too scared to be open and intimate even though i’m over him, things like this make me feel like i’m not. I am a sensitive and anxious person.

Does anyone have any advice on my situation? I feel like everyone will start to think i’m hung up on him which some already do but I don’t think this is it.
Original post by Anonymous #1
My second boyfriend (we haven’t been together for over a year) I thought was the love of my life at the time, he left me out of nowhere and then harassed me the following 6 months afterwards even though he got a new girlfriend in that time. He was really nasty and lied about me and cheated on me and still felt he should have an influence on my life a while later. After we ended things he went off with anyone he could and he’s now had two girlfriends in the time we’ve been apart.

Me on the other hand, I keep getting too scared to get into any relationship, i don’t even think i’ve felt feelings for anyone even though i’ve tried, i’m too scared to be open and intimate even though i’m over him, things like this make me feel like i’m not. I am a sensitive and anxious person.

Does anyone have any advice on my situation? I feel like everyone will start to think i’m hung up on him which some already do but I don’t think this is it.

so first i want to ask you this.. have you ever herd about this saying " There are more fish in the sea." ..... i know you are hurt from everything he has done to you and that he was a big jerk but i just want you to know you are better than this even though i don't know you and your story i think you should go find a way better guy that you will love for the rest of your life...... you should forget about him and see if you could find someone better .....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending