The Student Room Group

How do you revise???

I am struggling to revise. None of these work.
-creating revision cards
-writing and rewriting notes
-reading
-posters
How do you revise? Any help is grateful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Have you tried watching videos on khan academy or similar website? Sometimes helps to watch and hear something instead of physically doing it.
I just use past papers. No other method works, for me anyway.

I do a past paper a week for each of my subject, so four. Plus, I go over the paper I did the last week, by checking the markscheme and watching videos/looking at solutions.

It takes roughly 10-15 hours a week, I also watch videos/read outside my subjects + do hw. After feb I'll start to do more, but some subjects there aren't enough papers so I'll just do questions etc.

Maths there's an abundant amount of papers, as you can use basically any exam board (there will be small variation, but the ones you haven't learnt you can skip).
I had this same problem for my January mocks I was freaking out and I thought I wasted time making study cards. I guess it depends on what type of learner you are. (I'm auditory and kinesthetic) . I first did every single key term for every subject every unit every chapter on Quizlet. This saved paper in comparison to writing flash cards. I then made flash cards that condensed information that I already knew and tried to memorize each key term. For example, I would draw a little target symbol when I was talking about the "aim" of something just things like that to help me condense information. In regards to past papers, I wouldn't print them off and do them but rather I would try to them mentally. So for example after I made flash cards for a certain chapter and I would actively learn them then I would search up an exam question relating to that topic and If I couldn't answer it I would go back to learning the flash cards. Also, while studying (since I'm an auditory learner) I would play video game music in the background because I read somewhere that they are designed to help people concentrate. I guess you have to be a pretty good student in class as well and actually pay attention so you can get the basics down. I could almost replay my teachers words taking every single mock . I think this method worked because so far I got the highest A in one of my classes and my teacher even read out my answer as an exemplar. So far I have 1 A overall A in Spanish speaking and an A poetry and prose section of literature. I'm awaiting all my overall grades as I only have 1/4. Hope this helped!
Type and highlight

Quick Reply

Latest