The Student Room Group

Geography A level revision

My first exam is in 3 weeks and I have no idea how to revise- other than geog I'm doing STEM subjects and they're really straight forward to revise for. But geog is so content heavy and I really struggle with doing practice papers as I never know how to mark them, they always say "credit other valid responses" but how do I know if my response is valid??? Also I've asked my teacher for revision help but he said he's too busy to mark any practice questions we've done, and he also won't do revision sessions even though the entire class has begged him to. I'm really stressed, I want to get an A in geography but I just don't know how to revise at all!
Original post by rycbar.123
My first exam is in 3 weeks and I have no idea how to revise- other than geog I'm doing STEM subjects and they're really straight forward to revise for. But geog is so content heavy and I really struggle with doing practice papers as I never know how to mark them, they always say "credit other valid responses" but how do I know if my response is valid??? Also I've asked my teacher for revision help but he said he's too busy to mark any practice questions we've done, and he also won't do revision sessions even though the entire class has begged him to. I'm really stressed, I want to get an A in geography but I just don't know how to revise at all!

Hi @rycbar.123,

When I was revising for content heavy subjects, I found it helpful to do short but focused bursts of revision and taking quick breaks in between.

One of my favorite revision tools is the website ‘Seneca’, which is a free revision source. You can search for your course and exam board, and the study pack should have all of the content for your exam. Each subtopic starts with information and notes, and quizzes you throughout the activity to check wht you have remembered and keeps highlighting and testing you on anything you may have gotten wrong the first time.

I loved it as you can use it on the go on your phone, and the revision is already made for you, so no wasted time making flashcards.
Here is the link: https://app.senecalearning.com/sign-up
Remember to look after yourself too and take plenty of breaks to help reduce stress leading up to your exams.

Good luck!
Emily
Student Ambassador at Birmingham City University

Quick Reply

Latest