The Student Room Group

Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

And if so, why?

Scroll to see replies

Yes of course everything happens for a reason.

There is a reason for everything just think about it.
Yes, I do believe everything happens for a reason.
Yes.

God destroys our plans before they destroy us and our character. If it meant to be it'll be,if not keep moving
Reply 4
Everything happens for a reason, and that reason is to make you learn. If you listen and pay attention to the things that happen to you, you'll surely grow as a person and are likely not to repeat the same mistakes again.
Original post by Amonute
Everything happens for a reason, and that reason is to make you learn. If you listen and pay attention to the things that happen to you, you'll surely grow as a person and are likely not to repeat the same mistakes again.

What if you get hit by a bus?

Is the reason for that to make you learn?

But what if it kills you? How can you learn when you are dead?
Reply 6
Original post by greatguy103

...then the world hates you, mate. I'm sorry.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not sure tbh.

I certainly believe we can work and get things better for ourselves

Perhaps sometimes but not always.
No. **** just happens.
Reply 9
i dont think of it like that, depending on what it is i just think "oh ****" or "ffs not again"
Original post by greatguy103

then the reason why you died is because you were suppose to die:K:
Yes and no. Obviously things happen because something caused them to happen, but I don't believe things happen for a 'reason', like because they are the will of a supreme being, for example.
There's always a reason - cause and effect. I don't think there is some big plan for it though.
Like if you got hit by a bus, maybe you just weren't paying enough attention to the road. Or forces cause nuclei to fuse and create atoms, eventually producing molecules, compounds, life etc...
It's kind of hard to question how different forces come about though, that's beyond my understanding.
Original post by Ishea16
then the reason why you died is because you were suppose to die:K:

No the reason you died was because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time
Original post by greatguy104
No the reason you died was because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time

BUT the reason why you were in the wrong place at the wrong time is because you were meant to die
nah.
Reply 16
Original post by queen-bee
Yes.

God destroys our plans before they destroy us and our character. If it meant to be it'll be,if not keep moving

What religion are you if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by xSunkissed
What religion are you if you dont mind me asking?

Coptic
I think everything happens for a reason.
Whether they're good reasons or not is a different matter.
You get an attractive offer from a top uni? - Your application was interesting and they see potential in you.
You get hit by a bus? Bus driver was being careless or you didn't see the bus when you stepped into the road.
A species dies out? - It was hunted into extinction or was not evolutionarily fit for its environment
Someone is raped? - Some sick individual wants to exert power and dominance over another. Yes that is a reason; a horrific and unfair one; but a reason nonetheless.
I could go on.

Everything happens for a reason I think but these reasons do not necessarily need to help us progress, nor do they need to be profound, nor do they need to offer us emotional closure or even be good reasons.
That's my view anyway I guess.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
I think so. Things don't just happen for no reason, there's always one or more factors that contribute to an event occurring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending