The Student Room Group

A's AAA(*)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aamirac
I have finally made a timetable! :woo:
After many days of procrastination, I got a bit fed up with not doing any work, so I made a timetable to which I HAVE to follow! They are on alternate weeks as that's how my lessons are, so it's easier to follow.
The timetable will fully be in practise next Monday starting with Week A

In other news, we are going to finish content for the first Geography paper I have! :excited: Which is quite daunting but now all I have to do is the endless past papers and revise for the Skills paper which hopefully wouldn't be too bad since we are going to collect the data ourselves on the field trip later on this month! :biggrin:

I was having a nosey at your timetable as mine is really dull and miserable :/ .. btw you do the Aalimah course?? Thats amazing mA!! I remember the days we had to do i'aadah and muta'la too.. :smile:
Good luck in both studies! x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by haj101
I was having a nosey at your timetable as mine is really dull and miserable :/ .. btw you do the Aalimah course?? Thats amazing mA!! I remember the days we had to do i'aadah and muta'la too.. :smile:
Good luck in both studies! x

:lol: I tried to make my timetable nice and colourful and something I'd want to look at :rofl:
I certainly do! :yep: I'm only in my second year and my life is basically mutalah, but I'm getting there. :redface:
Thank you sis! :hugs:
Reply 22
Well I'm very excited at the moment as we are starting to finish off the complete course content! Quite daunting but I can't wait! :excited:
I've decided that every Thursdays I will go to the public library to work. A change of environment might be nice to work in!

Politics - Didn't quite get to finish them up because once I had done them, I thought they were a bit too vague and needed more evaluation and so I've just been amending those. Making sure that I have up to date evidence to use in my essays!

Geography - Very much focused on field work since I'm going to go on my trip next week! :woo:
But I'm going to go to the library so fix up my notes, see if I have gaps to fill in terms of content and understanding and so I should be completing full papers by this weekend!

There are 4 past papers that are available to do so I set out these dates in order to get them done and the 15 markers with just enough time to review before exams!

Physics - Finally finished Mechanics and Materials! Going to start Waves, but I won't be there (field trip) so I will have to do the work for it in my frees this week so I am prepared for the lessons when I get back. Still on the hunt for questions that cater towards the new syllabus so I can get as much practice with questions as possible!

QOTP (question of the post): Why is everything in the Universe, from what we can see, round?
(edited 7 years ago)
Niiice, going to the library to feel pressure to do work! :work: :hide: :popout:

Have fun on your field trip (and catching up on work :console:)

Original post by aamirac

QOTP (question of the post): Why is everything in the Universe, from what we can see, round?

:hmmmm: because of gravitational forces being radial fields? :hide: :getmecoat:
Reply 24
Original post by SeanFM
Niiice, going to the library to feel pressure to do work! :work: :hide: :popout:

Have fun on your field trip (and catching up on work :console:)

:hmmmm: because of gravitational forces being radial fields? :hide: :getmecoat:

work, work, work , work...

Thanks! Ikr! Miss a day and it feels like you've missed a terms worth of work -_-

Radial fields! of course! But then what if there are large areas in space that don't feel the gravitational forces due to it being a far distance from the center so the force would be weak? But then, how weak is that gravitational force at that point?
(sorry for all the questions, they just kind of happened as I typed, don't know if they make sense either, sorry :hide: )
Reply 25
This week was fun! I went on my geography field trip and it really made me understand the population section much better. Looking at housing in the inner and outer suburbs. It was really fun and I think our Geography class bonded well over the trip! Perks of doing geography! :biggrin:

Other than that, I didn't do much work since we were away, but I did manage to finish some Physics notes on Young's slit experiment even though it was 12am :rofl:

So this week coming I'm going to make sure I get the following tasks completed! I found that planning the week ahead is easier and allows me to be more productive as I know what to do next. Also because I want to push myself further and see how far I can go.

Monday:

- print off work that I was supposed to hand in this week. ooopps :teehee:

Tuesday:
Wednesday:
I had plans for these two days but now it has disappeared for some reason so I'm just going to wing it as I can't remember :facepalm:

(My it's only Thursday at this point, it's going to be a long week)
Anyways, Thursday:
- Carry on revision for the first geography paper. Going through the notes I have and understanding the case studies
- look at unis I can go to, I just like looking at them all, even if I can't go :rofl:
- Try to complete a chapter on Physics in the Isaac Physics Question book, they seem to be quite useful and can be challenging
- Do mutalah for Arabic, meaning going ahead and translating the pages we are going to read. Make a translation book, just full of key words that I come across, make a completion of all the words :bubbles: (this will forever be a work in progress :redface: )

Friday:
- Just carry on learning things for my Alimah course, dedicate Friday for that.
- Complete all the homework that was set that week so I can do more in the weekend.
- Plan a 40 mark question for Unit 2 politics. (this took me forever to do! They take quite sometime to plan and perfect!)

That's my plan for the week! I want to be able to get all of this done otherwise I'm not going to get the grades I want. I need to stop procrastinating :shakecane:

QOTP: What is Quantum Entanglement? It's a concept that I can't seem to get my head around :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
This week was fun! I went on my geography field trip and it really made me understand the population section much better. Looking at housing in the inner and outer suburbs. It was really fun and I think our Geography class bonded well over the trip! Perks of doing geography! :biggrin:

Aww, so nice :tongue: getting on with classmates well is so cool.

Hope you were able to follow your plan for this week :rave:
Reply 27
Original post by SeanFM
Aww, so nice :tongue: getting on with classmates well is so cool.

Hope you were able to follow your plan for this week :rave:

It really is! Blessed to have such an awesome class :biggrin:

Well some of my plan got deleted, so I've already mucked up somehow :redface:. Despite that. I hope so too. Thank you :girl:
Original post by aamirac

Other than that, I didn't do much work since we were away, but I did manage to finish some Physics notes on Young's slit experiment even though it was 12am :rofl:

So this week coming I'm going to make sure I get the following tasks completed! I found that planning the week ahead is easier and allows me to be more productive as I know what to do next. Also because I want to push myself further and see how far I can go.

Monday:

- print off work that I was supposed to hand in this week. ooopps :teehee:

Tuesday:
Wednesday:
I had plans for these two days but now it has disappeared for some reason so I'm just going to wing it as I can't remember :facepalm:

(My it's only Thursday at this point, it's going to be a long week)
Anyways, Thursday:
- Carry on revision for the first geography paper. Going through the notes I have and understanding the case studies
- look at unis I can go to, I just like looking at them all, even if I can't go :rofl:
- Try to complete a chapter on Physics in the Isaac Physics Question book, they seem to be quite useful and can be challenging
- Do mutalah for Arabic, meaning going ahead and translating the pages we are going to read. Make a translation book, just full of key words that I come across, make a completion of all the words :bubbles:

Friday:
- Just carry on learning things for my Alimah course, dedicate Friday for that.
- Complete all the homework that was set that week so I can do more in the weekend.
- Plan a 40 mark question for Unit 2 politics.

That's my plan for the week! I want to be able to get all of this done otherwise I'm not going to get the grades I want. I need to stop procrastinating :shakecane:

QOTP: What is Quantum Entanglement? It's a concept that I can't seem to get my head around :redface:

An update! Wow! You're alive! :indiff:
Reply 29
Original post by Imperion
An update! Wow! You're alive! :indiff:

:unimpressed: Field trip. It was awesome! It increased my momentum (mv=ft) to carry on with revision! :biggrin: Feeling happy with work right now! :woo:
Original post by aamirac
:unimpressed: Field trip. It was awesome! It increased my momentum (mv=ft) to carry on with revision! :biggrin: Feeling happy with work right now! :woo:

Addictions :rofl: Go go go! Time is upon us :afraid:
Reply 31
Original post by Imperion
Addictions :rofl: Go go go! Time is upon us :afraid:

It is not! :albertein:
Time is upon us indeed! :sneakydevil:
Reply 32
Well Schools out! I just wish I could do that HSM scene where they chuck all the papers in the air and walk out. :innocent:

Didn't do anything yesterday apart from some Waves past paper questions and some multiple choice questions. Those are really hard! You have to do so much just for one mark! :eek: It's ridiculous!

Also just sorted out data from the field trip. Calculating the standard deviation (I just used Excel to work this out :rofl: ) and mean and plotting it on graphs in order to see the results clearly so it's easier to evaluate later on.

I manged to catch up with politics too! Just going to have to constantly have to work on the structure of the individual paragraphs within essays that I write. That's what I seem to be struggling with at the moment. :redface:

QOTP: Why does the electron cloud around the atom eventually fade out? Does it vary for different elements (as some have many shells)?

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
I'm sorry! I forgot I had this :innocent:

So I haven't really done much since. I decided to give my self a bit of a holiday and catch up on sleep. Which I still need :yawn:. Didn't do much in these days though :redface:

For politics, I've gathered all the 40 mark questions from both chapters and have started to make essay plans for them. This way, I'm able to write out a structured essay with the relevant information and can maintain my focus on demand as in an exam I can just scroll through and pick the plan I want! :biggrin:

For physics, the main focus has just been on Unit 1, I did a paper, but wasn't happy with it but understood where I went wrong so I'm planning on doing that paper again to see if I improve.

Geography! I've just been going over my case studies first.
Bit weird to work backwards but I find that when doing the CA's first and do them properly, the rest of the chapter makes sense and it's easier to remember the details of the CA and chapter, thus making it easier to apply in real life situations!

Good Luck with your revision/work whoever reads this! :woo:
Reply 34
Well I haven't really done any revision since my last post. Was busy with weddings :rofl:. So I decided that I need to get cracking and get on with it basically.

These are my tasks for today, and they have to be completed today otherwise I won't allow myself to eat a creme egg or chocolate for that matter until they are done!

- Complete all the notes in Political Parties and Ideas for Politics. (only went halfway with this. It got a bit tiring after a while :redface:)
I haven't been taught this in class yet, but I might as well get on with it. A good website I've found to aid revision taking is alevelpolitics.com. It's really good at getting the up to date examples that will make essays awesome and gain a better understanding of the application of politics in practise around us

- Revise Waves. I don't like Waves, so I'll start with that, making sure I know everything in that topic. (well the first half). Incomplete, I still haven't done it,:dontknow:)

- Make notes on Coasts! Just revise everything on Coasts! (I might insert a picture of them if they look decent :redface:)

That's all my tasks for today! I'll tick them off as I go along!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 35
:woo: Exams are near and I'm so excited! :excited:

So far I've completed my Coasts notes! :ahee:. I think they look nice.
Here are some of them:
image.jpg
(Sorry its sideways)

I just realised I forgot one of my CS's so I guess I'll have to do that. It looks at coastal management/ defense.
Today I will/ do half of Rivers :biggrin:

Physics, ahh well I've had a bit of a break in Physics, it was consuming me and had to stop so I can balance out the other two equally. Might do a paper later on this evening though because I feel bad for not doing any physics in the day. :innocent:

Politics has just been keep on adding to my notes on things that I find in the news. Oh I did a 40 mark essay plan! Took me about a solid few days to get it to this stage. Here's the plan, if anyone wants to see the way I go about them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
:woo: Exams are near and I'm so excited! :excited:

So far I've completed my Coasts notes! :ahee:. I think they look nice.
Here are some of them:

I just realised I forgot one of my CS's so I guess I'll have to do that. It looks at coastal management/ defense.
Today I will/ do half of Rivers :biggrin:

Physics, ahh well I've had a bit of a break in Physics, it was consuming me and had to stop so I can balance out the other two equally. Might do a paper later on this evening though because I feel bad for not doing any physics in the day. :innocent:

Politics has just been keep on adding to my notes on things that I find in the news. Oh I did a 40 mark essay plan! Took me about a solid few days to get it to this stage. Here's the plan, if anyone wants to see the way I go about them.

Just by reading this I feel eager to revise (which doesn't usually happen):dance::excited:
Even your handwriting is so perfectttt
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Just by reading this I feel eager to revise (which doesn't usually happen):dance::excited:

YASS! :woo: Go for it! whilst you're in the mood and it's still light out! There's nothing stopping you! :biggrin:
Just log off, get out those coloured pens and go for it hun :lol:
Your handwriting is :love: :fan: :woo:

Nice word notes as well, it seems like there is so much stuff to talk about!

Good luck with your rivers :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by SeanFM
Your handwriting is :love: :fan: :woo:

Nice word notes as well, it seems like there is so much stuff to talk about!

Good luck with your rivers :tongue:

Thank you :blushing:

:gasp: here I thought that was just the condensed version!

Well, I seem to have taken a meander and decided to do a physics paper instead. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending