The Student Room Group

Can I apply to AAA courses with A*A*B

I'm in Y12 and just got my predicteds of A*A*B (history, biology, chemistry) and want to apply for history - a lot of the unis I'm looking at require AAA, is it still worth me applying?
Reply 1
Original post by loyiso.m
Some unis count ucas points. Use the ucas points calculator and if the points are the same, go ahead. Out of your 5 options maybe have 2 higher options and then 3 options that are more aligned to your predicted

I've had a look on UCAS and none of them accept UCAS points but some will lower the offer by a grade if I achieve A in EPQ
Original post by yogo1o
I'm in Y12 and just got my predicteds of A*A*B (history, biology, chemistry) and want to apply for history - a lot of the unis I'm looking at require AAA, is it still worth me applying?

Universities asking for AAA dont use UCAS points. However whilst your predictions dont meet their conditions many will make reach offers which will be AAA. It might be worth applying to some but make sure you have some choices that include B grades.
Original post by loyiso.m
Try emailing admissions and see what they say

Will you please stop misleading people. If a university is accepting ucas points it says so. ayaou dont need to email them and universities at AAA level do not accept UCAS points. Here is an example when someone does

104–120 UCAS tariff points from a minimum of two A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending