The Student Room Group

A's AAA(*)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aamirac
Thank you :blushing:

:gasp: here I thought that was just the condensed version!

Well, I seem to have taken a meander and decided to do a physics paper instead. :colondollar:

:eek4: is it really? :tongue:

:lol: Geography humour is the best, it rocks! :tongue:
Good luck, don't let yourself think that you have a grade ceiling in any subject! I massively surprised myself at A levels, I'm sure you can go on and get A*AA or even better!
Reply 42
Original post by SeanFM
:eek4: is it really? :tongue:

:lol: Geography humour is the best, it rocks! :tongue:

It is! :redface:, I had to do it a few times to get it to just 2 pages, it was originally 5!

:toofunny:

Original post by Pro Crastination
Good luck, don't let yourself think that you have a grade ceiling in any subject! I massively surprised myself at A levels, I'm sure you can go on and get A*AA or even better!

Aww, thank you for your encouraging words PC! :colondollar:
Reply 43
Okay so it has been a good productive day today :biggrin:

- I've done two Unit 1 Physics papers :nuts:

- With Politics, I just sat with my textbook and post it notes and made summery notes of each heading or so for all the chapters I have to learn. I found that it really helped grasp the overall concept/understanding as a whole. Allowing me to smooth things out that might have been a bit patchy. :redface:

- It was a good day for Geography :awesome:. I did all the river (fluvial) land formations that the spec requires us to know. Looking at how they can be of either depositional or erosional landform and how that is a fundamental aspect in terms of identifying a landform that has been made.

A good example (always use examples in geography) is Niagra Falls. I really want to go there one day :daydreaming:. It's really nice to see the things you learn in the classroom happen in real life.
Do you do the full A-Level Physics o.0 or AS level?
Reply 45
Original post by Someboady
Do you do the full A-Level Physics o.0 or AS level?

I do the full A Level but use the past papers from AS for practise. Since there aren't many resources for us to use as of now. :redface:
Reply 46
Hey was having a look for motivation to start my revision :redface:... And your timetable looks ace :biggrin: how is your Alimah course going? Wow! Good luck with your revision and you're going to do great in your exams, inshallah.

How ready are you for exams? :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by ZuluK
Hey was having a look for motivation to start my revision :redface:... And your timetable looks ace :biggrin: how is your Alimah course going? Wow! Good luck with your revision and you're going to do great in your exams, inshallah.

How ready are you for exams? :h:

Thank you! I just made the timetable in word tbh, I've found it's been really good in making sure I just get stuff done :redface:.
Alimah has been going great! It's a lot of work, but my timetable has helped me balance it out nicely. I hope so, Ameen.

I'd say I'm almost ready, I just need to practise loads and smooth out any misunderstandings that I may have!

Thank you for looking at my thread and Good Luck in your exams! :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by aamirac
Thank you! I just made the timetable in word tbh, I've found it's been really good in making sure I just get stuff done :redface:.
Alimah has been going great! It's a lot of work, but my timetable has helped me balance it out nicely. I hope so, Ameen.

I'd say I'm almost ready, I just need to practise loads and smooth out any misunderstandings that I may have!

Thank you for looking at my thread and Good Luck in your exams! :biggrin:

I think I need to make a timetable... I get distracted so easily it's unbelievable. :colondollar:
Aw that's great. How long is the course for? It's a lot of dedication too. :tongue:

No worries. It's on my watch list now so I'll be updated... It's good because it'll keep me motivated too.

When are you back at school?

Spoiler

Reply 49
Original post by ZuluK
I think I need to make a timetable... I get distracted so easily it's unbelievable. :colondollar:
Aw that's great. How long is the course for? It's a lot of dedication too. :tongue:

No worries. It's on my watch list now so I'll be updated... It's good because it'll keep me motivated too.

When are you back at school?

Spoiler

I highly recommend you make one! I get easily distracted and a timetable is just what I need to regain focus as I know things are at a set time.
It's a 7 year course, I'm in my second so I've got 5 years left. I know it is, :redface: but, I'm determined to finish it. I love it all. :moon:

I'm back on Monday! I actually can't wait to go back! :woo:

Thank you! supercolone_zpsn82udjsi.gif
Original post by aamirac

I shall join you in this adventure
Reply 51
Original post by KINGYusuf
X

Ahh, you sure can! Hop on board and welcome! :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by aamirac
I highly recommend you make one! I get easily distracted and a timetable is just what I need to regain focus as I know things are at a set time.
It's a 7 year course, I'm in my second so I've got 5 years left. I know it is, :redface: but, I'm determined to finish it. I love it all. :moon:

I'll make one today :biggrin: thank you! Damn 7 years! Wow that's dedication. It must be intense though.

Haha you're the first one that I've heard that is excited to go back :lol:

Omg how did you do that? :shock: how do you make it change colour? That's awesome!
Original post by aamirac

7 years... holy crap..
Reply 54
Original post by ZuluK
I'll make one today :biggrin: thank you! Damn 7 years! Wow that's dedication. It must be intense though.

Haha you're the first one that I've heard that is excited to go back :lol:

Omg how did you do that? :shock: how do you make it change colour? That's awesome!

Yeah I guess at first it was, but then once you ease into it, it's fine. :rolleyes:

I actually can't wait! I have so many questions that I need to ask. :excited: I'm also excited to see my friends too! :biggrin:

I don't really know, it was just in a folder on my USB, I can't remember where it came from. :iiam:
Original post by Imperion
7 years... holy crap..

Yeahh, I know, it feels like a degree sometimes.:lol: (just without the grading system)
Reply 55
Original post by aamirac
Yeah I guess at first it was, but then once you ease into it, it's fine. :rolleyes:

I actually can't wait! I have so many questions that I need to ask. :excited: I'm also excited to see my friends too! :biggrin:

I don't really know, it was just in a folder on my USB, I can't remember where it came from. :iiam: )

Ahh but even so 7 years! Good luck with all that :biggrin:

Haha that was the only reason I liked going school, to see my mates! :tongue:

Damn! That is pretty cool!

Good luck with all your revision and such, hope you're keeping by your timetable :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by ZuluK
Ahh but even so 7 years! Good luck with all that :biggrin:

Haha that was the only reason I liked going school, to see my mates! :tongue:

Damn! That is pretty cool!

Good luck with all your revision and such, hope you're keeping by your timetable :biggrin:

I've got 5 years left now. :redface: It's weird though, I want to leave, but at the same time I don't want to. :innocent:

IKR! They are so awesome! :moon:

I think you can save it as a jpeg if you want. :biggrin:

Thank you! I've been a bit floppy with it since it's the holidays but now that school is starting again soon, I will definitely will get back into the routine! :biggrin:
Reply 57
Schools starting tomorrow...
EEEEEK! I want to go. (I can finally do complete papers in peace :emo:)

Anywhooo...
I've done all my homework, which was to look at some questions for the skills paper and some politics unit 2 timed question paper.

I've just been looking at another unit 1 paper and trying to find Electricity questions, I seem to be struggling with Electricity and Waves, Mechanics and the Particles topics are fine though. :dontknow:

I'm now going to be looking at the Human side of Geography, just an overview of everything that I need to know and that should be Geography revision of the first paper almost complete. (:yikes:)

That's it for now really! Good Luck with revision! :biggrin:
Reply 58
Oml... It's only Wednesday! This week has been so going so slow! :redface:
It's been tiring too, I just want to go home and sleep after school... But I have to follow my timetable :rolleyes: :rofl:.

So far I've done 2 hours of mechanics trying to just go through the topics as a whole to get a better understanding in general, though I still have to cover the Materials chapter within Mechanics, which I'm alright with since I like Materials! :biggrin:

In school we have just been focusing on field work and skills. Feels like a maths GCSE paper sometimes with the box plot graphs. :lol:
So I've been taking my time with the Human side. There's a lot to research for it (which I've found myself to enjoy quite a bit), mainly on Health and thinking of discussion points to put in essay questions.

Politics has been a bit of like '':s-smilie:". Unit 1 I'm fine with, I can do that and I feel mostly confident in answering the questions. But unit 2 PM and Cabinet I haven't really done much for, so I need to start working on that.

So try to keep up with all the topics as you go along in lessons! Instead of after. Definitely a lesson learnt there! :redface:

Oh and make sure you go to school with a pen and paper! :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
Oh my oh my
This is a tragedy

It's now Friday. This week has just drained me, like I feel so tired.

Anyways, I haven't really been able to do much this week, which is disappointing.
I have noticed a change of some kind of change since we got back. Like a sort of shift in mood that happened overnight and it's really messing my revision up.:frown:
The case is, I simply cannot work, like I was trying to do a 25 mark UK Constitution (a topic I know quite well) and it took me 2 hours to complete! Normally it takes 25/30 mins to get it done. But this time it just felt exhausting.
I quite literally just went into this mode where time just went really slow and it was a struggle to put my words on the page. (if there where any that I could even think of at that stage)

It was the same when I was revising for Waves. I had to stop 1/3 of the way because I just couldn't do it anymore. My mind literally goes blank. :frown:

I haven't done geography yet because I haven't had the chance to since I last uploaded. But I will try on the weekend.

I need help. I just don't know what's wrong with me. :frown:

(I'm sorry this isn't motivational/ a good post, but it's just how I feel :redface:)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending