The Student Room Group

A's AAA(*)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by aamirac

I really don't know what's going to happen next. :redface:.
I could do that, but there's only a certain point where we can go till we need help from an ulamaah. Especially with Quranic translations.
It's okay :colondollar:

Yeah I do love Physics :innocent:. It can really change your mindset on how you view your surroundings. :moon:
That's one thing I noticed. It's really about being in the mindset and understanding the concepts and theory that aids you to think in the way examiners expect you to and be able to apply your knowledge to questions.

Good luck for your exam! Inshallaah you'll be fine. :console:

Thank you sis and likewise. :innocent:

Aww.. That's really rough. Surely they should understand you've put in 2 years already (I think) and that you want to finish. Is there anywhere else that does the course? Or online maybe? :redface:

Yeah... Physics does really change the way you see things. I love your passion for it :h:

Inshallah. And inshallah you too. Everything that will happen for the best but keep revising :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by ZuluK
Aww.. That's really rough. Surely they should understand you've put in 2 years already (I think) and that you want to finish. Is there anywhere else that does the course? Or online maybe? :redface:

Yeah... Physics does really change the way you see things. I love your passion for it :h:

Inshallah. And inshallah you too. Everything that will happen for the best but keep revising :smile:

If there aren't enough students then they are helpless in what they can do.
There are other places I can look into, that I know I can go to. I just need to do a bit of research for it. :redface:
I also need a job to pay for fees as I feel bad for taking it from my parents. :frown:

It does doesn't it. :moon:. Thank you :giggle:

Inshallah sister, inshallah. Thanks a lot! :biggrin:
Sorry about your alimah :console: it obviously meant a lot to you.

Good to know everything else is heading in the right direction. :rave:
Reply 83
Original post by SeanFM
Sorry about your alimah :console: it obviously meant a lot to you.

Good to know everything else is heading in the right direction. :rave:

Yeah, it does. But an end is always a new beginning so I don't know what the future beholds!

I hope so! I'm starting to feel like everything is coming together now. :biggrin:
Original post by aamirac
Yeah, it does. But an end is always a new beginning so I don't know what the future beholds!

I hope so! I'm starting to feel like everything is coming together now. :biggrin:

You are so wise :tongue: you do not need any advice from me :colondollar: (though maybe you have some free time to get a maths tutor in your life? :tongue:)

Good timing :biggrin:
aamirac are you in first year
Reply 86
Original post by SeanFM
You are so wise :tongue: you do not need any advice from me :colondollar: (though maybe you have some free time to get a maths tutor in your life? :tongue:)

Good timing :biggrin:

I still value any advise given. :colondollar:
I don't know if I even want to do maths anymore, I think I liked the idea of it more than doing it. :s-smilie:

Thanks, it kinda just came together naturally. :redface:

Original post by KINGYusuf
aamirac are you in first year

First year of A Levels.
Second year of Alimah. :biggrin:
Original post by aamirac
I still value any advise given. :colondollar:
I don't know if I even want to do maths anymore, I think I liked the idea of it more than doing it. :s-smilie:

Thanks, it kinda just came together naturally. :redface:

First year of A Levels.
Second year of Alimah. :biggrin:

I guess you have a whole summer to think about it, but for now it's all about rivers and Europe and european rivers and physics :tongue:
Reply 88
Original post by SeanFM
I guess you have a whole summer to think about it, but for now it's all about rivers and Europe and european rivers and physics :tongue:

I guess I do. Plus I would need to see when/if maths would change in the new reforms.

It's all that's on my mind right now :lol:
(I think my geog classmates realise that I'm obsessed with Norwegian Fjords :rofl:)
Original post by aamirac
I guess I do. Plus I would need to see when/if maths would change in the new reforms.

It's all that's on my mind right now :lol:
(I think my geog classmates realise that I'm obsessed with Norwegian Fjords :rofl:)

I think you'd be fine to do it all next year, but don't quote me on that :tongue:

Who can blame you? It looks like a lovely place to visit :yep:
Reply 90
Original post by SeanFM
I think you'd be fine to do it all next year, but don't quote me on that :tongue:

Who can blame you? It looks like a lovely place to visit :yep:

:no: I don't think I can do it all year. I'm just about managing now :redface:

IKR :awesome: It's another place I want to visit! :woo:
(after New York :tongue:)
Original post by aamirac
:no: I don't think I can do it all year. I'm just about managing now :redface:

IKR :awesome: It's another place I want to visit! :woo:
(after New York :tongue:)

You could get a nice headstart in the summer if you wanted to :tongue: but I understand, you have quite a workload already.

Yesss. New York is amazing too :tongue:
Reply 92
Original post by SeanFM
You could get a nice headstart in the summer if you wanted to :tongue: but I understand, you have quite a workload already.

Yesss. New York is amazing too :tongue:

Could I take a gap year and do it all in one year? Is that a thing? :holmes:
I already have a mental plan of revising in the second part of the summer for Physics and Geography. (got to make sure I'm on my game next September)

:excited: There's just so many places that I want to travel to! :woo:
Original post by aamirac
Could I take a gap year and do it all in one year? Is that a thing? :holmes:
I already have a mental plan of revising in the second part of the summer for Physics and Geography. (got to make sure I'm on my game next September)

:excited: There's just so many places that I want to travel to! :woo:

Hmm, it seems that the new maths starts getting taught from 2017. Whether that means you can do the old one in that year, I'm not sure.

But that is good :tongue: I hope you use the first part to relax!

:five: same :tongue:
Reply 94
Original post by SeanFM
Hmm, it seems that the new maths starts getting taught from 2017. Whether that means you can do the old one in that year, I'm not sure.

But that is good :tongue: I hope you use the first part to relax!

:five: same :tongue:

I don't even know anymore. I might just phone Edexcel if I have to, to get answers. :redface:

I will :angleblush:

There needs to be a TSR emoticon of the world spinning around :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 95
Okay so today I sat with my physics work and I'm confused and don't understand what's going on so I think it might be interesting to see how I progress in the day. (If I do :rofl:)

It's all physics stuff tbh.

Spoiler

I have more to do. But I think I might just reserve that for Thursday morning. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 96
Soooo I have less than two weeks left until my exams and I don't know why I'm still not stressed out yet. I'm a bit concerned.
To tackle that, I've mentally noted that my first Geography exam is a few days earlier than the actual date.
Just to make sure that I am prepared and is in that mindset to do an exam.

Since I have my two Geography exams very soon. I've ditched physics and politics revision. (But I'll do politics tomorrow as it's going to be the Mayoral Elections that I can take notes of and apply that to my knowledge of Democracy for those up-to-date examples to use in essays too. :tongue:)

Been focusing on the skills (unit 2) paper quite a bit. So far I've completed two full ones and got an B then an A, which surprised me, because it's the one out of two that I'm dreading and thought I'd do worst in. But it seems to be the other way round in my case. :redface:

As for the first paper, it's simply just the case of getting out those past papers again (they're only a few) and going through my folder to make sure I haven't forgotten anything and I know what the command words within the question are asking me to do.
When doing a whole 2 hour paper, I found that it's easier to read all parts to the question as it might give ideas of what to write in other parts of the question.
Also doing a little plan at the beginning of the paper for the 15 markers allows you to get down the basic structure, which you can go back to as you progress through the paper if you get any new ideas.

Adios!
Original post by aamirac
Soooo I have less than two weeks left until my exams and I don't know why I'm still not stressed out yet. I'm a bit concerned.
To tackle that, I've mentally noted that my first Geography exam is a few days earlier than the actual date.
Just to make sure that I am prepared and is in that mindset to do an exam.

Since I have my two Geography exams very soon. I've ditched physics and politics revision. (But I'll do politics tomorrow as it's going to be the Mayoral Elections that I can take notes of and apply that to my knowledge of Democracy for those up-to-date examples to use in essays too. :tongue:)

Been focusing on the skills (unit 2) paper quite a bit. So far I've completed two full ones and got an B then an A, which surprised me, because it's the one out of two that I'm dreading and thought I'd do worst in. But it seems to be the other way round in my case. :redface:

As for the first paper, it's simply just the case of getting out those past papers again (they're only a few) and going through my folder to make sure I haven't forgotten anything and I know what the command words within the question are asking me to do.
When doing a whole 2 hour paper, I found that it's easier to read all parts to the question as it might give ideas of what to write in other parts of the question.
Also doing a little plan at the beginning of the paper for the 15 markers allows you to get down the basic structure, which you can go back to as you progress through the paper if you get any new ideas.

Adios!

How are you revising for Paper 2 of Physics? Have you tried the Specimen paper? How did you find it? Are you dying? I don't know what I need to know for Paper 2's Practical skills, idk what it is but specimen papers are a lot harder than any past paper I've done. What do you think?
Edit: Assuming you're doing AQA AS Physics new spec?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by Someboady
How are you revising for Paper 2 of Physics? Have you tried the Specimen paper? How did you find it? Are you dying? I don't know what I need to know for Paper 2's Practical skills, idk what it is but specimen papers are a lot harder than any past paper I've done. What do you think?
Edit: Assuming you're doing AQA AS Physics new spec?

I do the full A Level no AS.
Honestly, I have just done Unit1 past papers for physics :redface:. I'm going to do Unit 2 and some more next month. (for the sake of practise)
Have you looked through the Spec for your course? AQA do have quite detailed specs and it helps in going through the spec to see what you might have missed out.
Also, remember to use your formula sheet! It's there and quite helpful, so don't forget it's there!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
I do the full A Level no AS.
Honestly, I have just done Unit1 past papers for physics :redface:. I'm going to do Unit 2 and some more next month. (for the sake of practise)
Have you looked through the Spec for your course? AQA do have quite detailed specs and it helps in going through the spec to see what you might have missed out.
Also, remember to use your formula sheet! It's there and quite helpful, so don't forget it's there!

Ooooh
When are your exams?
Yep I've done all the Unit 1 / Unit 2 papers there are for the most part and have been averaging nice A's but I found I screwed up on the specimen papers for our spec. I think I'm struggling most with practical skills. Unfortunately my teacher didnt teach us to use any of the apparatus... so I just kinda went with the flow.... and now I'm regretting it. I need to learn the practical skills elements so that I dont get stuck on questions where they ask about the resolution of a particular apparatus or something along those lines.How can I tackle this. My first exam is purely on knowledge of the 5 areas of the AS syllabus and that one I reckon I should be able to handle. The second paper however is where the practical skills come into play! any more awesome tips?
Thanks for the tips! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending