The Student Room Group

A's AAA(*)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Well I didn't get two A's. I didn't get an A* in physics, heck I don't even do physics anymore. :redface:

But I'm not mad. Why? Because I can still confidently start yr13.
I might have to carry another subject and do it all in a year and I'm okay with that. (This depends on timetable and is subject to change)

It will be hectic, with uni (I have to start looking again) applications and catching up with work. I'm quite excited for the year ahead. It'll be hard, I know it won't be easy. But I'm lucky to have been given the opportunity to carry on and I shall seize it! :woo:

I would also like to say thank you to all those that have commented and supported me in this thread! :colondollar: (sorry if I missed anyone)

Spoiler

Original post by aamirac
Well I didn't get two A's. I didn't get an A* in physics, heck I don't even do physics anymore. :redface:

But I'm not mad. Why? Because I can still confidently start yr13.
I might have to carry another subject and do it all in a year and I'm okay with that. (This depends on timetable and is subject to change)

It will be hectic, with uni (I have to start looking again) applications and catching up with work. I'm quite excited for the year ahead. It'll be hard, I know it won't be easy. But I'm lucky to have been given the opportunity to carry on and I shall seize it! :woo:

I would also like to say thank you to all those that have commented and supported me in this thread! :colondollar: (sorry if I missed anyone)

Spoiler

:hugs:
Reply 142
Original post by SeanFM
:hugs:

:hugs: :colondollar:
Reply 143
I don't know what to do with my physics stuff. I kinda don't want to throw it away. :hide:
All the way
[scroll]:party: :woo: HYPE SQUAD YO :woo: :party: [/scroll]

There's no end innit :mmm: so support to you all the way :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by aamirac
:hugs: :colondollar:

There is always the option of studying maths :wink: :teehee:
Reply 146
Original post by Imperion
All the way
[scroll]:party: :woo: HYPE SQUAD YO :woo: :party: [/scroll]

There's no end innit :mmm: so support to you all the way :biggrin:

Spoiler

:party: :woo: :party:

What are you doing here. You should be celebrating yours! :excited:

Spoiler

Original post by SeanFM
There is always the option of studying maths :wink: :teehee:

Wow I totally didn't expect you to say that! :yy: :rofl:

Although I do want to ask, how did you manage doing a whole a level in one year? :colondollar: (I'm a bit worried ngl)
Original post by aamirac
:party: :woo: :party:

What are you doing here. You should be celebrating yours! :excited:

Spoiler

Wow I totally didn't expect you to say that! :yy: :rofl:

Although I do want to ask, how did you manage doing a whole a level in one year? :colondollar: (I'm a bit worried ngl)

Hmmm, what subjects are you looking at, and will they be self taught or will you be in AS and A2 classes simultaneously for one subject?
Reply 148
Original post by SeanFM
Hmmm, what subjects are you looking at, and will they be self taught or will you be in AS and A2 classes simultaneously for one subject?

Maybe Economics or sociology. :redface:
I'll still be in school so I'd still have lessons.
Since it's one of the reformed linear ones I'd have to learn the yr12 and 13 content and only sit the end of year exam at the same time as my politics and geography A2.
Original post by aamirac
Maybe Economics or sociology. :redface:
I'll still be in school so I'd still have lessons.
Since it's one of the reformed linear ones I'd have to learn the yr12 and 13 content and only sit the end of year exam at the same time as my politics and geography A2.

:s-smilie:

I see, so like you'll get all the content taught which is kind of good and you don't really need to do much extra, though you have to kind of work hard (and it's also good in that you basically have a clean slate and it's up to you what you achieve in the extra subjects, well all of them really)

But yeah, I appreciate that it's like information overload and you.. don't need to work for stupid hours but you just have to make sure that it's all going in and that you're on top of it. I think it's 'easier' with Maths because it's not so much memorising lots of things and being prepared to write like a possible 3000000 essays in the exam, but just training yourself to be able to answer any question the exam throws at you.

So yeah.. I haven't taught myself an essay based subject in a year but I just imagine it takes a lot of work, testing yourself on different topics, making flash cards, posters etc and making sure the information is sinking in and you're aware of how to get the top, top marks when it comes to essay writing, sources etc.
Reply 150
Original post by SeanFM
:s-smilie:

I see, so like you'll get all the content taught which is kind of good and you don't really need to do much extra, though you have to kind of work hard (and it's also good in that you basically have a clean slate and it's up to you what you achieve in the extra subjects, well all of them really)

But yeah, I appreciate that it's like information overload and you.. don't need to work for stupid hours but you just have to make sure that it's all going in and that you're on top of it. I think it's 'easier' with Maths because it's not so much memorising lots of things and being prepared to write like a possible 3000000 essays in the exam, but just training yourself to be able to answer any question the exam throws at you.

So yeah.. I haven't taught myself an essay based subject in a year but I just imagine it takes a lot of work, testing yourself on different topics, making flash cards, posters etc and making sure the information is sinking in and you're aware of how to get the top, top marks when it comes to essay writing, sources etc.

The idea of maths and physics with school is out the bag I'm afraid. Just not quite cut out for it. :redface:

I'm okay with doing loads of essays and the work. It just seems quite daunting that's all. :redface:

(I should mention that this all depends on the timetable, I might have to carry it on for two years which could leave me time for something else :wink: )
Original post by aamirac
The idea of maths and physics with school is out the bag I'm afraid. Just not quite cut out for it. :redface:

I'm okay with doing loads of essays and the work. It just seems quite daunting that's all. :redface:

(I should mention that this all depends on the timetable, I might have to carry it on for two years which could leave me time for something else :wink: )

:lol: it's okay, I'm not trying to lead you into doing anything :redface: but at the same time, don't be too harsh on yourself :redface: Physics is difficult, and while the theory can be very interesting and easy to talk about, the A-level itself can just be very icky and difficult to do well in, and it's been a while since you did Maths anyway.

It can seem like that certainly from August/September, but if you keep on top of it with a consistent level of work (don't overdo it and give yourself no rest :redface: I know you can get very passionate about these things) you will no doubt be an expert on whatever you decide to study :tongue: and I know that a lot of people find that something changes/clicks in Year 13 and you suddenly understand how to work and have a lot more confidence and knowledge. So to be honest, I think you will be able to cope with it.
Reply 152
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: it's okay, I'm not trying to lead you into doing anything :redface: but at the same time, don't be too harsh on yourself :redface: Physics is difficult, and while the theory can be very interesting and easy to talk about, the A-level itself can just be very icky and difficult to do well in, and it's been a while since you did Maths anyway.

It can seem like that certainly from August/September, but if you keep on top of it with a consistent level of work (don't overdo it and give yourself no rest :redface: I know you can get very passionate about these things) you will no doubt be an expert on whatever you decide to study :tongue: and I know that a lot of people find that something changes/clicks in Year 13 and you suddenly understand how to work and have a lot more confidence and knowledge. So to be honest, I think you will be able to cope with it.

I know, I know. Though I'm glad I had the experience. I'm glad I tried instead of being curious as to what could've been.

Ahhh yes, I hope so.
Thank you for always believing in me. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending