The Student Room Group

Foreigners receive no jail time after Croatian rape

Article

Absolutely sickening.
I don't get how people allow this stuff. Its disgusting.
So, now forgive me if I'm misunderstanding this, but the impression I get is that all parties (including the victim) agreed to the €20k (or whatever it was) settlement. This shouldn't have occurred because it IS a failing of the justice system to punish criminals fairly, the punishment for crime x should be consistent for all people who are found guilty of it.

It strikes me as an odd situation, especially if it is the case that the victim agreed that she would take the money instead of seeing them in jail.

I do feel like we're missing information here that would give us the full picture of the case ... either way there is something amiss here.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you expect from Eastern Europe. They are so poverty stricken they take cash to free rapists
Original post by EccentricDiamond
What do you expect from Eastern Europe. They are so poverty stricken they take cash to free rapists
I am sorry I do not allow to say about my region in this way. I come from Poland, I was in Uk and many countries and Poland is much safer and police take more actions compare to other police in Europe.
Original post by Craig1998
Article

Absolutely sickening.

Remember, EVERYONE has a price.

And in this case the girl's was 22 grand.

Viva la capitalism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Croatia sounds like a far harsher country when it comes to punishing sex offenders than the UK, where a caution is sometimes deemed a suitable punishment for rape.
Reply 7
Money talks
Original post by EccentricDiamond

Croatia definitely isn't poverty stricken

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending