The Student Room Group

Have I messed it up?

Anon because I know people on here and this is quite embarrassing. :redface: Need some objective opinions on this.

Went on a really great date with a guy on sunday, I think he's into me. No red flags, we had very, very good chemistry, he said a couple of times throughout the night 'I'm really enjoying your company', we didn't have problems finding things to talk about, etc. Ended with a pretty passionate make out session.

We got the train home together but got off at different stops with him getting off first, and he whatsapped me straight after he got off the train (but couldn't reply since I had no data) and during our convo he said 'I enjoyed dinner tonight, we should do it again'.

Sounds good so far, but I'm just scared I'm coming across as a bit too keen - I don't bring my phone to work and I leave the house at 7 am and I get home around 6 pm so it's a good whole day before I reply to people usually.

Sent him a message before I left on monday morning saying 'so do you want to meet again sometime?' which he said yeah sure, probably not this week and then he said 'maybe Wednesday this week' so when I came back I kept continuing the banter and suggesting we should go on wednesday, but then I feel like I brought it up too much and he said he'll see how much work he gets done on tuesday before deciding and that i need to bear with him as he's on self-organisation mode.

Also I replied to his messages 1/2 minutes after I get them on whatsapp, which I know is bad. But since it's only been a day since our date and we had a great date maybe he'll overlook that. Does it sound like I brought it up too much? I think I asked about wednesday like 3/4 times :frown:
Reply 1
Not really

guys love keen girls with fragile self esteem, as long as they find them attractive

I think it sounds like hes a busy successful guy, just hold up and wait for now. You have more than expressed your interest
Nothing wrong with replying straight away, it shows you're not playing games. It's not bad to reply straight away or to ask to see him again - it's a shame that you think those things are bad, especially considering he whatsapped you as soon as he got off the train.

You've not messed things up, it all sounds fine. Just give him some time and if he's not free Wednesday then leave it up to him to suggest another date. That way the ball is in his court and you've done all you can. If he wants to meet again, he'll tell you.
Reply 3
Sorry forgot to mention I'm a guy :tongue:
I think you have tbh
Gizelle xx
Reply 5
Original post by p3nis
Not really

guys love keen girls with fragile self esteem, as long as they find them attractive

I think it sounds like hes a busy successful guy, just hold up and wait for now. You have more than expressed your interest

I made sure to come across as confident in the date though, so apart from the prompt replies then I've not given anything away.

Original post by georgiaswift
Nothing wrong with replying straight away, it shows you're not playing games. It's not bad to reply straight away or to ask to see him again - it's a shame that you think those things are bad, especially considering he whatsapped you as soon as he got off the train.

You've not messed things up, it all sounds fine. Just give him some time and if he's not free Wednesday then leave it up to him to suggest another date. That way the ball is in his court and you've done all you can. If he wants to meet again, he'll tell you.

No you're in that there's nothing wrong with replying straight away, I just have a habit of coming across as too keen which I know needs to stop :lol:

Yeah I plan to do that. I haven't messaged him since last night so hopefully he'll message today, even if its not about wednesday. If not, then whatever I suppose.
Reply 6
Any other opinions?
Reply 7
Well, he didn't message me today. Guess it's over. Thanks anyway everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending