The Student Room Group

Messed Up Ucat

I am a Scottish Student wanting to study dentistry. I got straight As in maths English Chemistry Biology and Computer Science and straight As at National 5 as well. In short, my academics are the best they can be. I messed up really badly on my Ucat though and got a score much lower than what I was anticipating: 2670 band 2. Do I have a realistic chance of getting into Glasgow or Dundee Dental School? Thanks
Reply 1
When I saw the title of ‘Messed up UCAT’ I was expecting to see a score of 2200 and a band 4. With 2670 I don’t think you’re doomed. Same for band 2, I’ve known people getting into Bristol with a band 3.
Personally idk what Glasgows and Dundee’s expectations are, but Liverpool and Cardiff have previously offered me interviews with a UCAT score of 2520. Plymouth cutoff is also one of the lowest if I remember.
Original post by SaulGoodman198
I am a Scottish Student wanting to study dentistry. I got straight As in maths English Chemistry Biology and Computer Science and straight As at National 5 as well. In short, my academics are the best they can be. I messed up really badly on my Ucat though and got a score much lower than what I was anticipating: 2670 band 2. Do I have a realistic chance of getting into Glasgow or Dundee Dental School? Thanks

Dude, you’ll be completely fine! You definitely have a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest