The Student Room Group

As at AS Level - Hoping For Chemistry at Oxford

Hi there!
I'm in my AS year and doing AS exams at the end of May and through to the end of June.
I'm hoping to apply for chemistry at:
Oxford
Cardiff
Queen's
Edinburgh
Birmingham

Some people think I'm not smart enough or good enough to get into Oxford. In my GCSEs I got 9As and 1A*. All through my school life I have had top grades. Recently I've lost motivation and I'm hoping this will bring it back.

For A Level I'm studying history (CCEA), maths (CCEA), chemistry (OCR) and physics (CCEA).
My predicated grades are:
History - A
Maths - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A/B

If you have any advice or useful revision tools that will help me achieve my dream of Oxford please comment to help!
Thanks!
Gabby!
Original post by GabbyMcM07
Hi there!
I'm in my AS year and doing AS exams at the end of May and through to the end of June.
Oxford
Cardiff
Queen's
Edinburgh
Birmingham

Some people think I'm not smart enough or good enough to get into Oxford. In my GCSEs I got 9As and 1A*. All through my school life I have had top grades. Recently I've lost motivation and I'm hoping this will bring it back.

For A Level I'm studying history (CCEA), maths (CCEA), chemistry (OCR) and physics (CCEA).
My predicted grades are:
History - A
Maths - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A/B

If you have any advice or useful revision tools that will help me achieve my dream of Oxford please comment to help!
Thanks!
Gabby!

It really depends on how you revise best. I find GoConqr is very useful for me.
Reply 2
Original post by GabbyMcM07
Hi there!
Oxford
Cardiff
Queen's
Edinburgh
Birmingham

My predicated grades are:
History - A
Maths - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A/B

Thanks!
Gabby!

Unless you went to a school where there were pretty much no A*s you'd have a decent chance. However Oxford do place an emphasis on many A*s at GCSE. Have you considered Cambridge? They place less emphasis on them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending