The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ha! So glad I'm not taking this!
Reply 61
Well I think the boundaries are going to be dragged down anyway, judging by the amount of people who did absolutely NO work for AH Maths in my school this year. Seriously, the average prelim mark was a D...
Reply 62
As I said, we've got the rest of Scotland behind us to decide the grade boundaries :biggrin:
Reply 63
Hoping for 50%
Reply 64
my thoughts...

1st page - all doable. yay!

2nd page - bout half were ok. my proofs didnt work on the last line, the double differentiation one i didnt get an end answey since i just abandoned, and i think my argand diagram was wrong.

3rd page - oh....my...god! abandoned anything i started in a and b of the 14, didnt even attempt c and d, 15 i thought i'd been alright, but then my line that should have intersected didnt, and i didnt know what to do for the last part. hate lines/planes anyways. 16 was alright in bits...not 100% sure of though.

at least it's over now. yay!
:eek: da pass marks gonna have to drop to about 20% if I'm gonna pass othawise av pretty much failed.
Thank God I dont need da suject!
All I can say is I wasnt very optimistic when I went in and when I came back I was feeling as if I'd just wasted 2 and a half hours (I didnt stay the full term, didnt see the point). Unless the pass marks have been drastically lowered I really cant see myself doing very well at all but then I only got about 35% in the prelim so I couldnt hope for much. I thought the first page was ok but then it got worse and worse. It was difficult in some of the later pages as you needed answers to A and B to answer C and D where I could have done C and D but not A and B if that makes sense...

Ach well, still got Biology and Chemistry (both adv higher) to look forward to...:rolleyes:
Reply 67
snap with the bio and chem danielle. :five:

you were doing the same as me! :smile:
lol, well Im the only one in my school taking 3 adv highers. And Im starting to really regret it. I have an unconditional offer for pharmacy next year so I could easily just forget about it all but then I'd feel awful on results day...
Reply 69
omg, a pharmacy person! im doing, as you may have read if you're observant, biochemistry and pharmacology. woot!

where you studying next year?
Robert Gordon in Aberdeen. It was either there or Strathclyde cos they're the only two up here who do the mPharm. I did think about pharmacology but I want to jump straight in there and get qualified as a pharmacist :smile:
Reply 71
ooh, kool. sounds good :smile:

heading to Dundee myself. party party party! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 72
wombley
ooh, kool. sounds good :smile:

heading to Dundee myself. party party party! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I can party with you, since I'm going to Dundee Uni too!
Have you heard where you'll be staying yet?
Reply 73
ooh, yay! :five:

no, havent heard back. i put "no preference" for who i shared with and "campus standard" for first choice. you?

and what're you doing next year, coursewise?
Reply 74
I think we might hear tommorrow. I know someone who's already found out; she's staying in Belmont.
I put 'campus standard' as my 1st choice and 'mixed gender' for who I shared with.
I'm doing Scots Law! Aye I'm patriotic, what can I say?
Reply 75
ooh, you never know, could end up sharing! :p:

anyways, best be off. pesky exam tomorrow...

Latest

Trending

Trending