The Student Room Group

What to say to a friend you haven't seen for a while?

Okay so I changed schools last year so it's been a while since I last saw my friends from there. One of my my old friends and I have agreed to meet up for coffee today but I'm nervous that I will be awkward be we haven't spoken in so long. Idek what I'm supposed to say.

I'm also meeting another friend next week and I'm nervous about that. I'm really bad in social situations especially one-on-one.

Please help like what should I even say AND WHY AM I SO AWKWARD OMG. Normal people don't panic about having to talk to their friends :/
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I changed schools last year so it's been a while since I last saw my friends from there. One of my my old friends and I have agreed to meet up for coffee today but I'm nervous that I will be awkward be we haven't spoken in so long. Idek what I'm supposed to say.

I'm also meeting another friend next week and I'm nervous about that. I'm really bad in social situations especially one-on-one.

Please help like what should I even say AND WHY AM I SO AWKWARD OMG. Normal people don't panic about having to talk to their friends :/

Talk about your new school ask whats been happening at ur old one, ask about certain old friends in common.. family...new videogames...new movies etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are able to contact your old friends (before you meet) and tell him/her what you wrote in your OP I'm sure they'll understand :smile: but don't imply that you want to call off the meeting, instead say that although you're nervous, you're looking forward to it
Reply 3
Original post by Superhotfire
Talk about your new school ask whats been happening at ur old one, ask about certain old friends in common.. family...new videogames...new movies etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok this will be my game plan... What should I say when I see her?
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
If you are able to contact your old friends (before you meet) and tell him/her what you wrote in your OP I'm sure they'll understand :smile: but don't imply that you want to call off the meeting, instead say that although you're nervous, you're looking forward to it

I feel this would make it more awkward. My mission is how can i hide that I'm nervous
"Hello from the other siiiiiiiiide" :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
I feel this would make it more awkward. My mission is how can i hide that I'm nervous

If this is a friend you trust, you have nothing to hide. Showing your vulnerability to someone you trust can only strengthen that friendship :smile:
Reply 7
I have the same problem, always nervous and having no idea how to start conversations with old friends:colondollar: This is my lifehack: talk about something funny from the past, you'll start laughing and everything is gonna be fine
Pick up where you left off. I love those type of friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending