The Student Room Group

HSBC first year summer internship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by egdargi
I just logged online after the interview and saw that I had passed it. Then I heard back regarding AC after about 10 days. Beware that passing the interview doesn't mean that you get invited to AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would passing the interview not mean that you get invited to AC?
Original post by MGD14
Why would passing the interview not mean that you get invited to AC?

Because they sometimes pass more candidates than they can offer places. You may have done well on the interview but this year so might have 40 others. The phone interview is a discrete step in the process which one can pass without having met other criteria satisfactorily.
Do they let you know if you haven't got in? Had my telephone interview but no news since, despite my application saying 'passed'
Reply 43
Original post by GymLad78
Do they let you know if you haven't got in? Had my telephone interview but no news since, despite my application saying 'passed'

Believe all the AC is over now mate
Original post by makrxx
Believe all the AC is over now mate

Which is what i thought, but they said to me on the phone that my AC, if i were to get it, would be in May? They did say they'd let me know if i did/didn't get in
Is anyone starting their induction this Sunday? In London?
Where are people interning? As in-branch for the pwm or in their Canary Wharf building for cb?

*im a Gap year student thinking of applying for this next year
Reply 47
Hi, I have AC coming soon. Could you please share your experience, especially the case details in group discussion and role play. Thank you.
Hi,
Original post by janriccardd
Hi egdargi !

Congrats on getting the AC. I had my interview in December and the person was grilling me for 45 minutes on the phone haha.

So how did you find the AC? Do you mind sharing the kind of stuff you did? Was it group work, presentations, interviews?

I'd really appreciate it! :smile:

Original post by nicococorico
Hi! I have been invited to the AC and will l have to go to HSBC building next Friday. However, I don't know what to expect as I didn't receive any info about what I will have to do there... Can someone enlighten me please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending