The Student Room Group

Journey to becoming a physicist - year 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kennethdcharles
Ahh that's so cool. You'll touch it soon, I know! Good luck!

Aww, thx! gl to u 2 :smile:
Same here! This year is really starting to take its toll!

My predicted grades are all decreasing even though my test results are staying the same/increasing so I'm really doubting myself and I'm trying to put in as much effort as possible and use my time kinda wisely....
Thanks and good luck to you too! What do you plan to do after A levels?

I'd like to study medicine or something similar like biochemistry at somewhere like UCL or Imperial :daydreaming:
Oxford is my dream. Apart from that, I'd really like to go to Imperial, Manchester, UCL or Durham too. But I'll make a more realistic decision nearer the time :biggrin: Well done on getting those offers, that's awesome. Which one are you leaning towards?

UCL as its 15 mins walk from my house -> I can get up very late last minute and still make it on time to lectures :biggrin:

Its also really good for Physics & I've been there for a summer school @UCL in year 12.
Reply 24
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
My predicted grades are all decreasing even though my test results are staying the same/increasing so I'm really doubting myself and I'm trying to put in as much effort as possible and use my time kinda wisely....

what counts is the grades you get in the summer, so just keep working hard and you'll get what you want!
Reply 25
Original post by surina16
I'd like to study medicine or something similar like biochemistry at somewhere like UCL or Imperial :daydreaming:

That's seems cool! Good luck:smile:
Reply 26
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
UCL as its 15 mins walk from my house -> I can get up very late last minute and still make it on time to lectures :biggrin:

Its also really good for Physics & I've been there for a summer school @UCL in year 12.

Yeah it's awesome. I'm going there for a summer school this year. Well done again!
How come your first exam is in 76 days?? is that additional maths?
Reply 28
Original post by defenestrated
How come your first exam is in 76 days?? is that additional maths?

No it's IGCSE English language :smile:
No it's IGCSE English language :smile:

I'm doing the same but mine's on the 7th june :redface:
Reply 30
Just finished preparing my French orals. Now all that's left is practice!

Also, I've finished my geography mind maps. Now I need to go and do a bit of maths. Should be fun:colondollar:

WP_20160216_001.jpg
Reply 31

Lucky you :colonhash:
Reply 32

Lucky you :colonhash::biggrin:
Reply 33
Nice plan goodluck on them.
But for real guys shouldn't we start banging out revision now and then proper enjoy the summer holidays and that.
Reply 34
Original post by 0lut0
Nice plan goodluck on them.
But for real guys shouldn't we start banging out revision now and then proper enjoy the summer holidays and that.

Thanks, and you're absolutely right, I've started.
Reply 35
Today has been fairly productive, which I'm happy about. Just finished doing an Additional maths past paper, on top of the french and geography work I did earlier. Hope I can do the same tomorrow!
Hey, just wanted to ask how you're revising for geography because it's my weakest subject yet i'm aiming for an A/A* :/ thank you
Reply 37
Original post by GCSEstudentt
Hey, just wanted to ask how you're revising for geography because it's my weakest subject yet i'm aiming for an A/A* :/ thank you

Hey, basically i make notes and mindmaps about each case study and each lesson. For example, for "explain the effects of tropical storms" after the lesson when i come home, I'll attempt to answer a full 8 mark question. So i would give an example of the primary effects, one from all three of social economic and environmental, then the same for secondary effect. To earn full marks, after each question I will explain how this effects everyone. I do this for all topics in order for me to fully understand them. Before exams, PAST PAPERS!! Hope this helped :smile:
Hey, basically i make notes and mindmaps about each case study and each lesson. For example, for "explain the effects of tropical storms" after the lesson when i come home, I'll attempt to answer a full 8 mark question. So i would give an example of the primary effects, one from all three of social economic and environmental, then the same for secondary effect. To earn full marks, after each question I will explain how this effects everyone. I do this for all topics in order for me to fully understand them. Before exams, PAST PAPERS!! Hope this helped :smile:

Thank you that was really helpful :smile: I wish I would've done that at the start of the course lool. I'll start now
I hope you achieve what you want! I am sure with your effort, your aspirations become fulfilled! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending