The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi Everyone, I'm signing off for the evening, but will be back at 9am tomorrow for the final day of this thread. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reply below and I'll answer them in the morning.

Mark
Reply 21
Original post by University of Cambridge
Hi Everyone, I'm signing off for the evening, but will be back at 9am tomorrow for the final day of this thread. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reply below and I'll answer them in the morning.
Mark

Last year (or even other previous years) what was the acceptance rate for a place on the Medicine course and the Chemistry course?

Thank you.
Original post by ozmo19
Last year (or even other previous years) what was the acceptance rate for a place on the Medicine course and the Chemistry course?

Thank you.

Hi ozmo19, that really depends. Medicine is our most oversubscribed course and you are not likely to receive a place on the Summer School unless you fit a high number of the selection criteria we outline on our website. While we try to offer activities to those students who aren't successful, it simply isn't possible to cater for all of the students (over five hundred this year already) who apply for medicine.

Chemistry is also a very competitive course, but we are able to offer a much larger percentage of these applicants some sort of activity. We have increased our number of places to 35 this year and plan to offer a similar number of places on Experience Cambridge, so we hope that roughly one in three applicants will get offered some sort of activity. As I've said above, the application process is very simple, so it's always worth a shot.

Hope that helps.

Mark
Thanks to everyone that asked questions and I hope it provided some useful info for people thinking about applying for the Summer Schools. I'll ask the mods to lock this now, but look out for more threads from the official Cambridge University account in the future. If anyone still has any questions, don't hesitate to email [email protected] and I'll be happy to help.

Mark
Reply 24
Hi, I just wanted to ask how oversubscribed the music course is for Sutton trust? Do most people get a place for it?

Latest

Trending

Trending