The Student Room Group

Dentistry as a mature student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks for replying :smile:
I feel more confident knowing that now.
Are you redoing GCSE maths? And where are you applying for an access course?
Original post by sjgreenwood2
Ah fair enough, you will have to put them (AS Levels) on your UCAS application so they will see so it might be best to check they're okay about it!

I've been declined from 3 out of 4, awaiting feedback at the moment, but I've actually dropped out of my access course this year anyway due to a few circumstances, but I plan on starting it again in the future!

If he doesn't put his AS levels how would the University know?
My fourth A-level is a D so I've not put it on.
Original post by AmanahMay
If he doesn't put his AS levels how would the University know?
My fourth A-level is a D so I've not put it on.

Hi, I can't remember what I was thinking about when I wrote that but I'm pretty sure everyone has a candidate/ref number relating to education that has the results of any study/examinations you have taken, I can't remember what this is called though.
Original post by MedicineMaybe
Hi I'm in a similar position I'm 30 and never did my GCSEs so enrolled at college last September I'm doing 5 GCSEs just taking exams at mo. I'm going to do maths GCSE from this September and hopefully get on an access course into medicine or dentistry . I'll be doing the UKCAT test all too

Hi what College did you enroll in to do your GCSEs?

I’m 31 and have always wanted to study dentistry, I’m in a similar predicament.

Looking to now start my journey and get into the profession. I am looking for fellow mature students who are also starting their journeys to study dentistry. Ideally looking for 2023 or 2025 entry to university.

Looking to build a support group, to find out what paths people are taking, how your finding your journey. Tips and tricks for interviews or ucat.

I did my GCSEs I have 2As 6Bs and 1 C
English language b, science BB mathematics C. This was back in 2006.

Now I’m looking to do A levels or access? First dilemma. If I do a levels I have to do GCSEs first. As my GCSEs were years ago and no college in London will accept GCSEs taken in 2006. Or I will have to sit an exam from the College to get into the a level course. But as you can imagine I last studied science and math in 2006, 16 years ago, I would not pass. I don’t remember a thing.
I know of one college offering the gcse course I need, it’s 2 hours away from me. Second dielemma, where can I study a full time gcse course for adults at a reasonable cost?
I need a b in math gcse, so would still need to do math gcse.

Access, most universities accept access to medicine. It’s hard to pin point if the university will accept the college access to medicine course I pick, just because the College calls the course access to medicine by varying names, like access to biomedical but has a medicine pathway etc.

Get in touch, let me know if you have any suggestions or just let me know your back story and difficulties.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,

What college did you do your GCSE’s at?
I’m looking to do mine as an adult.
Reply 25
Did you ever end up doing dentistry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending