The Student Room Group

A Level Biology with only CORE Science?

Can I do A Level Biology with only CORE science? In all my exams I have received A/A* and I am willing to put all my effort and I'm determined to do it...

I wasn't able to do Additional because I was put into CORE Science late and there were no spaces for me to join additional... Other wise I would be currently doing Additional Science...

Thanks in advanced X
Reply 1
Original post by siidrraah
Can I do A Level Biology with only CORE science? In all my exams I have received A/A* and I am willing to put all my effort and I'm determined to do it...

I wasn't able to do Additional because I was put into CORE Science late and there were no spaces for me to join additional... Other wise I would be currently doing Additional Science

It depends on where you apply - my school requires at least additional Science for A level Sciences and the majority have separate Sciences. If you are accepted I'd recommend you try to teach yourself the additional Science work for Biology (and maybe Chemistry) before you start A level Biology, even if you don't take the exams..
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
It depends on where you apply - my school requires at least additional Science for A level Sciences and the majority have separate Sciences. If you are accepted I'd recommend you try to teach yourself the additional Science work for Biology (and maybe Chemistry) before you start A level Biology, even if you don't take the exams..

Shall I start teaching myself after my GCSEs in the sumer because I wont have a lot of work then tbh... Also I'm kind of sared just in case I'm the dumbest in my class... shall I be worried
Original post by siidrraah
Shall I start teaching myself after my GCSEs in the sumer because I wont have a lot of work then tbh... Also I'm kind of sared just in case I'm the dumbest in my class... shall I be worried

I personally did additional and further additional science however, I have people in my biology class (A2 now) who did well at AS. So as long as it isn't a requirement at the college you're going to, you should be fine if you keep up with the work and reading prior to lessons. Good luck with your GCSE's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Sacred Ground
I personally did additional and further additional science however, I have people in my biology class (A2 now) who did well at AS. So as long as it isn't a requirement at the college you're going to, you should be fine if you keep up with the work and reading prior to lessons. Good luck with your GCSE's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure I should be allowed to pursue it in my sixth form! and thankyou GCSEs are starting to scare me!!! any tips would be nice?

Quick Reply

Latest