The Student Room Group

Eco HL or Psych HL?

Hey guysSo Im in IB Yr 1 and we finished micro. We had a test on theory of firms (P1 and P3 format) and in that a got a 3. So my teacher said took a retest today, and that went bad too. I dont have the results yet but dont expect more than a 4.So what should I do?Should I take Math HL (My teacher says I'm capable, but then it'll be a lot of catching up) and Eco SL or Psych HL and drop eco entirely? (again a lot of catching up)But I feel more inclined towards PsychPls give inputs thanks I hate IB
Psychology is very deceiving. A lot of students in my class took it because they thought it would be super easy, but really its very difficult! We do SL (my school doesn't offer HL at this moment), and already the AMOUNT of content you have to remember is huge. I do Biology HL, and I find Psychology SL more difficult, just because of the sheer volume of information you need to remember. 50+ case studies, having to remember aims, procedures, conclusions, evaluations and then the basic content of every case study, on top of all of the theory, is rather tiring. One of my friends lives in Rome, and his school doesn't even offer psychology IB because they believe it is unnecessarily difficult.
Of course it is all up to you. I don't do economics, but I know from a lot of my friends that it is not exactly a walk in the park. Its sort of deciding between the lesser of two evils, but I believe that if you learn proper revision techniques, Psychology should be fine :smile:
Original post by dakshsaksena
Hey guysSo Im in IB Yr 1 and we finished micro. We had a test on theory of firms (P1 and P3 format) and in that a got a 3. So my teacher said took a retest today, and that went bad too. I dont have the results yet but dont expect more than a 4.So what should I do?Should I take Math HL (My teacher says I'm capable, but then it'll be a lot of catching up) and Eco SL or Psych HL and drop eco entirely? (again a lot of catching up)But I feel more inclined towards PsychPls give inputs thanks I hate IB

I take Psychology HL and I can tell you that it's not so hard (especially if you like the subject.) I believe last year 70% of students got 7s, so it's not a 7 that's so hard to get as long as you study. You quickly learn that the essay writing for psychology is highly objective and all you have to do is take what you know and answer the question. Speak to your Psychology teacher and see what you have to catch up on, because the first year is quite brutal. I don't know what Econ is like.. it all depends what you want to do in University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending