The Student Room Group

Royal Artillery

I want views on the RA and what it is like. Ex RA feel free to help me.
Currently serving RA. It's massive, you need to be more specific
Original post by Smith1star
Currently serving RA. It's massive, you need to be more specific

What role did you serve in? I'm thinking of going light gunner or UAV.
I've served in 32 regiment with MUAS and 47 regiment Watchkeeper. MUAS is stopping in 2020, Watchkeeper is highly technical and offers long term technical trades for both soldiers and officers. You can do signals which is like IT ish, logistics, motor transport, launch and recovery which is like ground crewing or pilot.

Are you thinking about officer or soldier?
I've served in 32 regiment with MUAS and 47 regiment Watchkeeper. MUAS is stopping in 2020, Watchkeeper is highly technical and offers long term technical trades for both soldiers and officers. You can do signals which is like IT ish, logistics, motor transport, launch and recovery which is like ground crewing or pilot.

Soldier

I was wondering if once you choose a regiment to join would you stay with that all your career. like if i went as90 would i only work with that or can you move around to other bits of kit like the light gun.
Sorry i have selection soon so would be really useful for a reply.
Hello? Anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest