The Student Room Group

Exeter or SOAS?

Hello,

I have an offer to study Politics at SOAS and have heard from Exeter that they're likely to give me an offer soon so I've started looking into my options.

I much prefer the course at SOAS 100% as I'm very into the political philosophy and that seems to focus on it. However, I am a very extroverted person who gets very down and unmotivated when I'm not surrounded by friends and people so this raises alarms for such a small international and postgrad focused uni in such a big city as I feel there won't be as many opportunities to make friends and London would become isolating. Although I do realise that wherever you go you have the opportunity to make lots of friends or none due to the luck of the situations you get into and the effort you put in which I'm good at putting in a lot to push myself to meet people.

Despite this, I don't want to end up isolated and lonely because I made the wrong choice and equally I don't want a thriving social life whilst feeling I am wasting my time on a degree that isn't really tailored to me.

I know this is such a hard dilemma as both uni's clearly have pros and cons but would you recommend risking the social life side of things for the course or staying safe with the lifestyle and choosing a course that's great even if it doesn't 100% fit me?

Sorry! Please help! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending