The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quiet study space

Anybody know of a good quiet space where I can do some work? My assignment is to analyse the performance of the female singer in the context of the music and the video, and I'm wondering where would be a good place to listen in that quiet space and without letting the sound from my headphones put off those around me? Would be most appreciated, thanks!
Reply 1
Ideally away from my house, haha!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by sjacob
Anybody know of a good quiet space where I can do some work? My assignment is to analyse the performance of the female singer in the context of the music and the video, and I'm wondering where would be a good place to listen in that quiet space and without letting the sound from my headphones put off those around me? Would be most appreciated, thanks!

Have you tried the library on Avenue campus? It has a lot of resources for language learning and film students and so it's quite common for people to work there with headphones.

Or speak to the librarians at Hartley about whether they'd allow you to book a group study room (or hijack any unbooked rooms on that day) to avoid disturbing anyone.
Reply 3
The library has been fantastic for me in terms of quiet work space, but the connection is pretty iffy and I need it to watch the video. I guess I could try CSW at 215 Burgess Road, unless yo can think of anywhere that's quiet and has good connection!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending