The Student Room Group

Graphic designers??

whats your preferred software to work on?
Original post by Justmoll28
whats your preferred software to work on?

Depends what you're doing? but photoshop overall really
Reply 2
Original post by OwenAitken
Depends what you're doing? but photoshop overall really

i know what you mean but whats your favourite to use? do you feel youre better in one than others? i feel like im good at illustrator but have no clue how InDesign works haha
i know what you mean but whats your favourite to use? do you feel youre better in one than others? i feel like im good at illustrator but have no clue how InDesign works haha

i love illustrator as its easier haha, but ive got to a stage where i have to do more on photoshop so im starting to like that too. Indesigns pretty easy after you watch a tutorial i guess
Reply 4
Original post by OwenAitken
i love illustrator as its easier haha, but ive got to a stage where i have to do more on photoshop so im starting to like that too. Indesigns pretty easy after you watch a tutorial i guess

true, im on youtube now haha, are you a graphics student or something?
Use Illustrator if your work involves the usage of vectors (logos, banners, webpage layouts etc.)

Use Photoshop for any image development which relies on manipulation (concept art, art in general tbh)

These two software packages are the industry-standard for their respective uses.
It really depends on what I'm doing...

I use a mix of Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.

Photoshop for photo manipulation, GIF making and web design. Illustrator for brand elements and vector work. InDesign for anything layout related. At first I only knew how to use Photoshop, but you soon learn everything and which software is best for design mediums. :smile:
true, im on youtube now haha, are you a graphics student or something?

not anymore, going to do interactive design

Quick Reply

Latest