The Student Room Group

DT subjects

My schools just let us choose the DT subjects we want, there is DT electronics, graphics, product design and food. I don't really want to do food because my parents think it won't be a good choice and I don' enjoy it much either so its out for me. But I'm stuck between the remaining 3, please help me and if possible could you tell me what jobs they could be related to and other subjects that air with them?
Reply 1
product design allows you to go into architecture and construction, graphic design allows you to do advertising for brands and businesses and legit a graphic designer, electronics lets you go into engineering or IT, and food lets you be a nutritionist and a chef. I hope this helps and I hope this gives you a clearer view of what you wanna go into
Reply 2
So if I chose business in the future would graphic design be a good choice?
Or if chose Computer Science would Graphics work for that or is it for only IT?
Reply 3
Original post by abi nb
So if I chose business in the future would graphic design be a good choice?
Or if chose Computer Science would Graphics work for that or is it for only IT?

I guess you can, it can be a side subject that may help you in a few areas, like promoting brands, but in my opinion, there's not much use to doing business with graphic design. Graphic design wouldn't go along with computer science as it is an entirely different field. However, there are a lot of other careers and areas to go into, like an illustrator or a web designer. Business is a better option to choose from if you want to go into something alongside business it is a good option because this will not only be a more easy subject as it may only be to do with coursework and practical work, it will relate alongside to business with specific topics. Sorry, I replied so late, and I hope this helps :h:

Quick Reply

Latest