The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Freshers 2016 ^^

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxo97
chose loughborough as my firm choice and hopefully i will get in and study criminology

Original post by sharonolukoga
Ooooo heeeeeyyy, I'm holding a place for Criminology too! I applied in 2014 though ^^ have you visited?

Original post by Chellecharity
Gonna firm my offer for chemical engineering at lufbraa!! Apparently their engineering department is solid

Original post by samm98
Never too early to start a thread haha. Haven't firmed it yet but they're my first choice for Economics and Management. Just need to get those grades now.

Great news :biggrin: any questions just ask!

Amy
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Maybe it's a little premature to start this thread with people still waiting for offers and all but hey ho you can achieve anything you set your mind to right? I thought it'd be a good idea to start the thread for people to be in touch with other prospective Loughborough students.

Maybe this thread won't be very active until people have their results but...

How's everybody doing? What are you guys hoping to study??

Accepted my offer for foundation physics at Loughborough! very excited :smile:
Original post by slindsay006
Accepted my offer for foundation physics at Loughborough! very excited :smile:

Great news slindsay006 :biggrin:

Any questions just shout!

Amy
Hi guys!

So glad to see you guys have firmed probs the best uni in the UK!!

I'm a first year student at luf currently studying Politics, economics and business!
i live in butler court which is east campus but i know a fair amount about all accommodations in lough!

feel free to message me about freshers week, accommodation, anything really!!
Confirmed my offer for Sport and Exercise Psychology! :smile:
Original post by scottagunning_
Confirmed my offer for Sport and Exercise Psychology! :smile:

Oooooo congratulationssss!
Original post by jennifer.tariah
Hi guys!

I'm a first year student at luf currently studying Politics, economics and business!
i live in butler court which is east campus but i know a fair amount about all accommodations in lough!

I'm considering William Morris...what's it's rep like? I know it's one of the bigger halls!
Hi guys!

I've firmed Loughborough for physics and I am considering either Falk egg or William Morris. I haven't been able to visit and am wondering what both halls are like. Any help would be appreciated
Original post by woppers14
I've firmed Loughborough for physics and I am considering either Falk egg or William Morris. I haven't been able to visit and am wondering what both halls are like. Any help would be appreciated

falk egg is one of the cheaper halls, its good, i only hear good things about it, you share a bathroom with quite a few people but they are cleaned everyday
I'm considering William Morris...what's it's rep like? I know it's one of the bigger halls!

will morris/Bill mo is lovely, nice community feel cause of its size and stuff, but its off campus so it may be abit further way from lectures

all accommodation has good rep
Original post by bheaton
what accommodation is everyone looking at?

Hazlerigg-Rutland as my first choice with either Robert Bakewell or Butler Court as my second choice at the moment but I'm still not 100% sure yet
will morris/Bill mo is lovely, nice community feel cause of its size and stuff, but its off campus so it may be abit further way from lectures

all accommodation has good rep

Ahh sweet, bit of a weird question but are all the bathrooms in ensuites the wet room type?

And it terms of nightlife, I think I was told Wednesday night is when it all really happens? That true?
Original post by scottagunning_
Hazlerigg-Rutland as my first choice with either Robert Bakewell or Butler Court as my second choice at the moment but I'm still not 100% sure yet

Yesterday, Loughborough had a Q&A on snapchat. Apparently Robert Bakewell is difficult to get because it's quite a popular pick and has a high volume of applications...just a heads up!
Yesterday, Loughborough had a Q&A on snapchat. Apparently Robert Bakewell is difficult to get because it's quite a popular pick and has a high volume of applications...just a heads up!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!
Hey guys

Just wanted to share this with you - we’ve just been named best in the country for student experience in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2016.

As well as claiming the overall top spot, we came first in four categories: high quality facilities; good sports facilities; catering for personal requirements; and ‘I would recommend my university to a friend’.

To top it all off we have also been shortlisted for a record nine out of ten 2016 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.

You can check out our webpage and short video for more info on Loughborough’s latest achievement.

Amy :biggrin:
Firmed my offer for Physics with a foundation year, anyone else thinking about going for telford/ Falk egg?
I'm got an offer from Loughborough for Management Sciences and gonna firm it for sure! I'm an international student so just a heads up if anyone knows the best catered accommodation. Thanks!
Original post by Laurenafenete
Firmed my offer for Physics with a foundation year, anyone else thinking about going for telford/ Falk egg?

I think somebody else is doing that...It might be nice to be in touch with someone doing the same course ^^
I think somebody else is doing that...It might be nice to be in touch with someone doing the same course ^^

:colonhash::awesome::awesome: Awww yisss
Reply 38
anyone know what sort of events/activities we will be doing in freshers week?
Original post by balislander
I'm got an offer from Loughborough for Management Sciences and gonna firm it for sure! I'm an international student so just a heads up if anyone knows the best catered accommodation. Thanks!

Great news balislander :biggrin: Excellent choice!

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending