The Student Room Group

Which private jet should I get? [POLL]

So as a reward for my high performance in my Harvard exams (I will be graduating near if not at the very top of my class) and in anticipation of getting my flying license in April my dad has offered to buy me a private jet.

I've narrowed it down to two models:

the Embraer Phenom 300

and the Learjet 40 (mine will be pure white)

I've come up with some of the pros and cons of each to help me decide

Phenom 300 Pros
- Looks cooler than the Learjet which is optimal for acquiring chicks
- Can be flown with 1 pilot unlike the Learjet, which would be optimal for me
- Bigger than the Learjet and can fly much faster which is optimal for acquiring social capital in general
- Slightly cheaper for my dad's sake but I don't really care about this

Phenom 300 Cons
- Has a smaller passenger capacity by one. I'd be able to have a MFFFFFF sevensome in the Learjet but only a MFFFFF sixsome in the Phenom
- Was produced in Brazil, which is a 2nd world country at best and might make me look like a bit of a loser if people found out

Learjet 40 Pros & Cons
Basically as above

I realise that the elite demographic on here will be slender at best, but I'd really appreciate some help in deciding as even to the son of an oil tycoon 9 million dollars is no small amount of money

Scroll to see replies

Get both and give one to me :smile:
You're a really crappy discount version of AG :sadnod:
At least his stories were mildly believable and interesting
Original post by Amazing Egghead
No.

A 31-year old non-student who spends his life chatting up pre-pubescent girls on a student forum. I'll pass.

No one cares what you think.

Why not??
No.

A 31-year old non-student who spends his life chatting up pre-pubescent girls on a student forum. I'll pass.

Versus someone so lonely and bored they're hiding behind a fake persona to show off their supposèd riches? You're one to talk, bud.
Reply 5

Phenom 300 Pros
- Bigger than the Learjet and can fly much faster which is optimal for acquiring social capital in general

Tbh the Learjet looks more optimal.
No.

You said: 'No one cares what you think.' This raises the question of 'Why did you make this thread in the first place, labelling it as a poll?' Surely giving an opinion is what you think of something. Therefore, you've kind of defeated the purpose. Sure @Blondie987's point was off-topic. However you come across as extremely arrogant. Not quite sure what you were expecting with your choice of words and phrasing! :rofl:
I think the MFFFFFF situation makes this choice easy.
At the point at which a private jet becomes a possibility for a person, does it really matter which one?
Versus an internet forum moderator who uses archaic accents in words like 'supposed' to mask how paralysingly stupid he really is

Supposed could have been read in two different ways. I just wanted to make it clear incase you had an issue xoxo
Which side of the egg is the pointy one?
Original post by iEthan
Supposed could have been read in two different ways. I just wanted to make it clear incase you had an issue xoxo

Yes, the two ways are:

1) the normal way

2) the pretentious, anachronistic way used by stupid people to appear more intelligent
Just get an eclipse 550 then wake up from your dream
Yes, the two ways are:

1) the normal way

2) the pretentious, anachronistic way used by stupid people to appear more intelligent

What you're doing now is usually what many politicians do. That is, avoiding the content at hand and meticulously focusing on a something that doesn't really have any bearing to what I actually said. Some would say this is because you have nothing of value to actually contribute. Either way… calm down, yes? :h: The use of the word has nothing to do with what I actually said. If you choose to interpret that as arrogance, you're absolutely welcome to that point of view. However, judging by the very topic of this thread pretentious must be your middle name! You still understood me and you are being pointlessly bombastic.
No.

My 6 reps beg to differ darling :console:
Hmmm, interesting. Now there is a great possible chance that we have a troll in our hands, yet a slight possibility that we may have a actual real multi-millionaire. Now here's a dose of reality, coming from an actual son of a CEO multi-millionnaire. Don't. 70% of costumers of private jets buy them for business related activities, using them to quickly and effortlessly meet up with clients, business troubleshooting ect.

Now for some reason, you may actually honestly want to buy a jet. Do you have the adequate licenses? Do you have the correct type rating? Do you know if the insurance will even allow you of fly as a younger pilot. If you are in actuality the son of a presumed oil tycoon, are you prepared to invest TIME in order to get a license of a high-cost maintenance airplane. I personally recommend a cessna citation X. Embraer costumer service is notorious for a Brazilian-grade errors. Cessna have an easier type rating training, many models which can be bought for a much cheaper price as well as better fuel efficiency.

Now according to my Father and past experiences, Cessna interiors are notoriously uncomfortable for taller people, which hopefully the newer latitude will solve with a higher cabin height dimensions.

Another possible choice I would recommend is the Pilatus PC-24. Can take off from very short runways and in many inhospitable terrain.

I personally feel that private jets are useless for Harvard-graduated eccentrics looking for "chicks". Much better luck in a yacht even though their value detoriates extremely so. A nice Italian Alter Ego is just a beauty which I have the honour to charter few times, a real treat.
Original post by iEthan
What you're doing now is usually what many politicians do. That is, avoiding the content at hand and meticulously focusing on a something that doesn't really have any bearing to what I actually said. Some would say this is because you have nothing of value to actually contribute. Either way… calm down, yes? :h: The use of the word has nothing to do with what I actually said. If you choose to interpret that as arrogance, you're absolutely welcome to that point of view. However, judging by the very topic of this thread pretentious must be your middle name! You still understood me and you are being pointlessly bombastic.

I wouldn't go around calling people 'bombastic' alongside using words like 'supposèd' lmfao

I engaged with what you said in the same way you engaged with me
Original post by StrawbAri
My 6 reps beg to differ darling :console:

You have 9 reps lmao

9 rep gems accrued in a forum which only uses positive reputation and over a period of a year and a half

Not exactly a resounding confirmation of the influence you carry here
You have 9 reps lmao

9 rep gems accrued in a forum which only uses positive reputation and over a period of a year and a half

Not exactly a resounding confirmation of the influence you carry here

I didn't mean the number of rep gems I have you noob. I meant the number of reps my post got on your thread. And it's 10 now :tongue:

I'm sorry but, I'm not looking to 'carry any influence' on a student forum. It's not secondary school + I only started posting properly in May of last year + I've got 7000+ rep points for less than 3000 posts so :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
So as a reward for my high performance in my Harvard exams (I will be graduating near if not at the very top of my class) and in anticipation of getting my flying license in April my dad has offered to buy me a private jet.

I've narrowed it down to two models:

the Embraer Phenom 300

and the Learjet 40 (mine will be pure white)

I've come up with some of the pros and cons of each to help me decide

Phenom 300 Pros

Phenom 300 Cons
- Has a smaller passenger capacity by one. I'd be able to have a MFFFFFF sevensome in the Learjet but only a MFFFFF sixsome in the Phenom
- Was produced in Brazil, which is a 2nd world country at best and might make me look like a bit of a loser if people found out

Learjet 40 Pros & Cons
Basically as above

I realise that the elite demographic on here will be slender at best, but I'd really appreciate some help in deciding as even to the son of an oil tycoon 9 million dollars is no small amount of money

What about a pink one ?

Quick Reply

Latest