The Student Room Group

IB chemistry HL Revision

Hi :smile:

So i'm in IB2 and exams are coming up (two months to be exact) and i was wondering for those of you who are taking or have taken IB them before how did you all revise? i know past papers are the best way but did you guys do?take notes? or look at the study guide? or memorise? or use mindmaps? etc.? (if it helps I'm aiming for a 5 in the final)
Reply 1
Original post by ha1998
Hi :smile:

So i'm in IB2 and exams are coming up (two months to be exact) and i was wondering for those of you who are taking or have taken IB them before how did you all revise? i know past papers are the best way but did you guys do?take notes? or look at the study guide? or memorise? or use mindmaps? etc.? (if it helps I'm aiming for a 5 in the final)

Hey, Im an IB 2015 graduate and can personally tell you that I did 2 days worth of revision in the final 1-2months before the exams. I ended up getting a 7 nevertheless though because I had kept up with the workload along the 2 years making it unnecessary for a lot of revision. This was also influenced by the fact that I had Math HL though and pretty much crammed math in the final year giving my time for very little else and my subject package didn't help either, math chem bio HL physics eco english lit SL + physics as a 7th subject. My advice to you is that you should revise very little for the subjects you have been keeping up with (which I hope you have been lol), or as in your case spread your revision time amongst all your subjects since your only aiming for a 5. Hope that helps, not sure if it does much though since you are the first year taking the exams for the new IB syllabus, so I really do feel for you. Best of luck for your exams!:smile: Let me know if I can be of further help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending