The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sabrina235
guys im so scared

I'm predicted an A/A* from my school but today when I sat my exam I literally panicked and my time management was completely bad And I forgot to write a conclusion

Idk whether I can achieve an A if I didn't finish my work (I took the aqa paper today)

I want to do Eng Lit for A levels as well, do you think I can achieve an A (I got band 5 in my controlled assessment and I still have the poetry cluster exam left)

I'm exactly the same aha, I don't think it matters if you forget to conclude as long as the quality of your writing is good
guys im so scared

I'm predicted an A/A* from my school but today when I sat my exam I literally panicked and my time management was completely bad And I forgot to write a conclusion

Idk whether I can achieve an A if I didn't finish my work (I took the aqa paper today)

I want to do Eng Lit for A levels as well, do you think I can achieve an A (I got band 5 in my controlled assessment and I still have the poetry cluster exam left)

A conclusion isn't even necessary tbh it just ties things up; if ur last sentence seem good enough to finish u will definitely be fine if not u will still be fine so don't worry :smile: I didn't conclude and my teacher tells us not too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Evryone who is reading this...how did you find the omam and aic?
Original post by leopard923
A conclusion isn't even necessary tbh it just ties things up; if ur last sentence seem good enough to finish u will definitely be fine if not u will still be fine so don't worry :smile: I didn't conclude and my teacher tells us not too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just really scared because this is the topic im doing for my a levels, I feel like I let myself down for this exam because of my time management. Thank you for the reply!
Original post by 11ahf
I wrote 8, four for Woman in Black, four for OMAM.

I'm so unsure of how I did in OMAM, I wrote very different things to a lot of other people. I wrote about how the voices created a crescendo to Lennie's death and how the men being "much" closer showed how the time was quickly running out for George and how he wished he had more time. I also wrote about how "crashing" illustrated the crashing of George and Lennie's dream and suggested carelessness and it all happening very fast and other bull... I also wrote about Curley's wife and Slim for part B! Did anyone else do the same?

I wrote about curleys wife and george

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys im so scared

Of course you can! I never really wrote a 'conclusion' and this did not lose me marks in my mocks. This exam probably didn't go as badly as you think.. let's say you got a B, you could 100% still get an A overall with a decent poetry exam. Good luck, my advice is now to look ahead to where you can still improve and not worry about the past :smile:
I'm just really scared because this is the topic im doing for my a levels, I feel like I let myself down for this exam because of my time management. Thank you for the reply!

Ur welcome ! I think most struggled with time management and examiners probably see it a lot :tongue: good luck with the rest of your exams !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also I wrote completely ******** for part (a), like i linked the luger pistol with the american dream and how it's a metaphor for the american dream being a myth idk im just scared because I waffled throughout my paper
Original post by jet1234

I found it ok how did u ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 989
Do examiners mark section A and B together? (e.g. AIC and OMAM)
Original post by jet1234

don't do omam, was thankfully not too stuck for aic but felt like I definitely waffled on too much...:s-smilie: what about you?
i did omam and aic, aic was complicated - i did the 'conflict' question and then george and lennie's dream as well as curley's wife dream
Original post by 11ahf
I wrote 8, four for Woman in Black, four for OMAM.

I'm so unsure of how I did in OMAM, I wrote very different things to a lot of other people. I wrote about how the voices created a crescendo to Lennie's death and how the men being "much" closer showed how the time was quickly running out for George and how he wished he had more time. I also wrote about how "crashing" illustrated the crashing of George and Lennie's dream and suggested carelessness and it all happening very fast and other bull... I also wrote about Curley's wife and Slim for part B! Did anyone else do the same?

Haha I did the time thing as well. But I also wrote about how the seasonal imagery refers to their dreams and hopes and the darkness of the (forgot name lol) refers to their fate, so their dreams will always be covered by darkness. And then I wrote how 'no more trouble' is a metaphor for Lennie etc haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AKDbbb
But isnt that two women that they were asking for ? Im guessing u have answered it correctly

Yeah but i think it asked for how women were presented as a whole! Idk I'm just worried now haha, there's not much I can do about it now though
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Yeah but i think it asked for how women were presented as a whole! Idk I'm just worried now haha, there's not much I can do about it now though

Gosh exams are a pain 😂
guys im so scared

My teacher told us to not worry too much about conclusions so I don't think they're marked. You should be fine, just try your best on the poetry exam! Good luck xx
How much did you write for AIC and OMAM? I wrote about 5 sides for AIC but then only about 2 sides OMAM (both questions) and my hand writing it fairly large - especially when I rush. What contextual points did you include for OMAM?
How did you all find the unseen poetry? I literally can't find the 'In Cardigan Market' poem anywhere on the Internet.
Original post by xy_
How much did you write for AIC and OMAM? I wrote about 5 sides for AIC but then only about 2 sides OMAM (both questions) and my hand writing it fairly large - especially when I rush. What contextual points did you include for OMAM?

well sh*t ahahah, I only wrote about 2 and a half sides for AIC and my handwriting's above average size too. Don't do OMAM sorry
The exam was piss easy i do purple hibiscus and DNA im really suprised they repeated the theme of religion again and i did that for my recent mocks so I was just like yess:biggrin: i got an A* for tht paper aswell:biggrin:

So now poetry which i am hoping ro get an A* in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending