The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LNDNWASPS
I am predicted an A but i got 38/40 in courseworks and want an A* hopefully the potery can help me achieve this as well

Poetry is much more lenient in terms of grade boundaries so you should do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Poetry is much more lenient in terms of grade boundaries so you should do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In y10 i got a B so I might not I dont know how to compare but I am alright with the unseen poem
I am predicted an A but i got 38/40 in courseworks and want an A* hopefully the potery can help me achieve this as well

I got 40/40 for the coursework, but my teacher said if I get very high Bs in the exams I'll still get an A* ://

I thought the exam today was okay, so hopefully everyone does well!
how does that equate because isn't unit 1 45% and unit 2 is 30% so coursework (25% holds little weight)

Original post by greenwichvillage
I got 40/40 for the coursework, but my teacher said if I get very high Bs in the exams I'll still get an A* ://

Original post by greenwichvillage

Wow. No way. I got 35/40. What do I need to get in the exams to get an A* overall ? I usually get A and sometimes A*s for the texts and for poetry I've consistently gotten A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how does that equate because isn't unit 1 45% and unit 2 is 30% so coursework (25% holds little weight)

That's what I was thinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's what I was thinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah so i think you would need a* a* a or something like that
Did anybody do the Woman in black or Mister pip??
Original post by Ella_08
For OMAM what did everyone say about the extract?

I said that Steinbeck uses a theme of man's relationship with nature throughout his writing and in the extract the nature that was described could be a metaphor for George and how he was feeling for example 'leaves rustled' could show how we was restless and made the reader apprehensive as to what he was going to do next. I said how 'the evening' brought darkness and an end to the day and this could foreshadow the end to Lennie's life and the light and hope being taken away from their dream. And I mentioned how the speech structure was set so that George constantly repeated what Lennie said so the reader was reminded of their close relationship and how they have always been presented as a pair and tension is created in the build up because it left the reader questioning what will happen when the pair are split. I just left no time for the part b and didn't mention context enough so messed that up really
does ant one have reviison stuff for conflict poetry
Original post by charlievanest
I said that Steinbeck uses a theme of man's relationship with nature throughout his writing and in the extract the nature that was described could be a metaphor for George and how he was feeling for example 'leaves rustled' could show how we was restless and made the reader apprehensive as to what he was going to do next. I said how 'the evening' brought darkness and an end to the day and this could foreshadow the end to Lennie's life and the light and hope being taken away from their dream. And I mentioned how the speech structure was set so that George constantly repeated what Lennie said so the reader was reminded of their close relationship and how they have always been presented as a pair and tension is created in the build up because it left the reader questioning what will happen when the pair are split. I just left no time for the part b and didn't mention context enough so messed that up really

Are you talking about context in Part A or Part B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11ahf
IM SO HAPPY THOSE QUESTIONS WERE SO GOOD💗

(I loved WIB and OMAM)

which question did you do for WIB?
Are you talking about context in Part A or Part B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Part B
Reply 1193
Original post by Str355ed
which question did you do for WIB?

Spider! If you want to know what I wrote, it's heree:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4099957&page=7

What about you? c:
Original post by munchjin
I'm studying Of Mice an Men and An Inspector Calls and for poetry I'm doing the relationships cluster.
I heard that it is likely that To His Coy Mistress or In Paris With You or Sister Maude will come up for poetry.

I really need predictions for OMAM and AIC. I'm not confident in all of English lit but the poetry is a little better than the novel and play and I got an A* in my coursework so it shouldn't be too bad.

I predict that a question about Sheila and Geralds relationship will come up, or you could choose to do conflict. Also for Of Mice and Men, i predict that ssomething about the build up of lennies death will come and about the dreams of characters. Tell me if im right. Good luck im the exam. P.S dont stick to my predictions because they are predictions after all, anyhing could come up.
Original post by jenay.jones
did anybody do an inspector calls : gerald and Sheila question and to kill a mockingbird? what points did you make

I put about how its male dominated as her father tries to initiate it to better himself however sheila becomes more assertive as she forces gerald to confess to eva which is a role switch and he becomes weak and vunerable when admitting his feelings then it switches back to the start after they find out the inspectors fake as he convinces her to forget about it , Priestley does it to show capitalist are going to keep overruling if you dont stand up and be responsible and it links to ouspenkys cyclic theory
Original post by Ella_08
For OMAM what did everyone say about the extract?

I put about the crashing footsteps coming show danger and pace and are contrasting as footsteps are soft and the crashing is harsh and aggressive , i then went on to talk about the " darkening slopes " and how at the start behind them is a golden river which is the american dream and that lennie is the shadow and the sunlight casting the shadow is georges independence and that its darkening shows coldness and negativity and that it will allow george to break free , i also put about "shakily" showing fear and that his physical body told him he couldnt do it as he was scared as lennie was his only companion and i talked about "bluer" and pathetic fallacy and that blue can foreshadow depressing things are coming up * lennies death * and that its a cold colour
Original post by 11ahf
Spider! If you want to know what I wrote, it's heree:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4099957&page=7

What about you? c:

your points sound so good! I did supernatural but I brought spider into mine too hopefully that's okay haha :smile:
I think I ****ed up and I don't know if it's me being overly critical or if it's the truth! Got a solid B for sure, not sure I managed to get the A/A* I wanted! I'm so pissed at myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think I'll lose a lot of marks if I didn't sum up Gerald and Sheila's relationship at the end? I only included the shift in relationship from the start and the middle and gave alternative interpretations and linked it to Priestley's ideas throughout? I unfortunately ran out of time so I had to move on pretty much, I'm so scared that I never included the end :x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending