The Student Room Group

Where's the best clubs in manchester?

Since I'm commin to Manchester in September (as long as I get AAB) I need to know where to drink, where to rave and where to chill - help me please!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

well it all depends on what music you're into really...

and even then, it depends on your mood...I know I like different places dependant on what mood i'm in...

though i suppose good place to start would be bars/pubs...and a good place to start would be Fallowfield...

The Friendship Inn and The Orange Grove are my picks for the best pubs in Fallowfield. Then Glass for shooters if you just wanna get pissed...then OP bar if you wanna get REALLY pissed for as little money as possible...
Reply 2
i really wanted to live in the city centre purely because i thought it would be best for nightlife. whats good around here. OP and fallowfield aren't too far away are they so i could always head down there to get pissed right?
Reply 3
Fallowfield is the best for everything.
In city centre, pretty much anything in the printworks. Tiger Tiger is awesome :biggrin:
Reply 5
Depends if you're into your chavs or not, personaly the Printworks is just hell at weekends and should be avoided.

My hang outs are Rockworld, Brickhouse, 5th Ave, Fab Cafe etc but it all depends on the person.
Depends on what you mean by the "best"... Theres a difference between Rehab being the best place on a Wednesday night and the best club/bar in Manchester overall.
Reply 7
Asian89
i really wanted to live in the city centre purely because i thought it would be best for nightlife. whats good around here. OP and fallowfield aren't too far away are they so i could always head down there to get pissed right?

Fallowfield is right on the skirts of the city. So yeah no problem. Best clubs depends on what you like. If you like indie - 42s and 5th ave. If you like proper dance, somewhere like Sankeys. R'n'b and dance, M2. You've got the gay village. Seriously there is so much in Manchester, you won't have a problem something you are into. There are clubs spreading right across the city, from the Printworks, to Oxford Street which is the main student area, to more upmarket spots on Deansgate, to clubs and bars by the water in Castlefield.
Reply 8
I use to go to the friendship in because it sold harp, but it wasnt the same.

one of the best clubs around is Pure, if you can get in. they knocked a mate of mine back for his shoes or something.
Reply 9
My Favourite is Sankeys!
Reply 10
I love Sankeys. It's ace.
Reply 11
Does anyone know how to get to Fab Cafe from manchester met central building, and approx how long it would take?

How do people get to and from clubs in the dark - do you just take a taxi everywhere - even on your own???

PS. And where are 42's and 5th ave? Thanks x
Reply 12
Never heard of fab cafe. I walk home, yeah. If I'm on my own at that time of night I'll hop on a bus.

5th ave is er, behind the BBC building which is across the road from all saints, down that street, you'll know it when you see it because of the big line and people handing out fliers. 42st I'm not sure, went to look for it once with a friend and ended up somewhere else.
We found 42s by accident too, never could find it again. Think I've seen it in the day at some point though. Down Deansgate way somewhere I think...
Reply 14
Fallowfield is not the best for clubbing at all, hardly any clubs there at all..

Monday TigerTiger
Wednesday M2/Birdcage
Thursday 5th Avenue

they seemed to be the best places this year
http://www.tangled.info/news.php

No dress code
No attitude
No knobheads or post grads

Beats Sankeys

Manchesters Longest Running Club Night
Reply 16
Fallowfield is where you go to get extensively hammered before you stagger on to a club in the city centre. It really all depends on your mood; you'll find that when you start uni there'll be different events at different places, and you can tag along with your flatmates/coursemates and see where they're going.

Actually in my first year I dated a Mancunian who'd lived in Manchester all his life and knew where all the quieter non-student bars were, which was good for when you wanted a break!

Personally I would recommend Tiger Tiger on a Monday night (Vodka Island) because it's pretty packed and it's got several rooms (for some reason though their vodka & red bull tastes disgusting...imo) so if you like mainstream dance and R'n'B it's good. Fifth Ave seems to recycle the same old playlist but if you're drunk it's a good laugh. (42s is just 5th Ave's lamer version - I really don't like it in there but it has the same playlist!)

MTwo looks pretty swanky on the inside but it's probably the most expensive club I've been to (then again I've only been once and probably on the wrong night). Seems pretty popular with the "gorgeous chav" crowd if you get my meaning, and tends to play R'n'B of the Rihanna/Usher variety.

If you like rock then there's Jilly's and Satan's Hollow (the latter is hidden in a side street off Portland St) but they are on occassion popular with emo kids. Saturday night is probably your best bet for a good night at SH though. :smile:
Reply 17
ferret123
Does anyone know how to get to Fab Cafe from manchester met central building, and approx how long it would take?

How do people get to and from clubs in the dark - do you just take a taxi everywhere - even on your own???

PS. And where are 42's and 5th ave? Thanks x

5th Ave is awesome! I can never remember where 42nd is as it's normally where we go after 5th, so it's a little hazy from that point onwards. However 5th avenue is on Princess Street, near the Old Garret Pub, just off one of the roads near the BBC.

Link: http://5thavenuemanchester.com/Main.html
Reply 18
dddd
Fallowfield is right on the skirts of the city. So yeah no problem. Best clubs depends on what you like. If you like indie - 42s and 5th ave. If you like proper dance, somewhere like Sankeys. R'n'b and dance, M2. You've got the gay village. Seriously there is so much in Manchester, you won't have a problem something you are into. There are clubs spreading right across the city, from the Printworks, to Oxford Street which is the main student area, to more upmarket spots on Deansgate, to clubs and bars by the water in Castlefield.

Heyy...have u been in mtwo? do many clubs have lockers where u can put your belongings in so u dnt have to carry around with u?? please reply soon becuz im goin manchester 2mora for my 18th!!!:smile:
Reply 19
bumping this because i need a good NON-INDIE club to go to with cheap drinks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending