The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Accomidation

I am hoping to study History at York next year. I was wondering which college is considered the best, the most sociable etc. Also which is most convenient for History?
Thank you
Hello,

You might want to have a look at the blog posts by current History student Jamie: http://blogs.york.ac.uk/student-voices/author/jw1661/

Mark

Original post by kateseymour
I am hoping to study History at York next year. I was wondering which college is considered the best, the most sociable etc. Also which is most convenient for History?
Thank you
University of York
York
Original post by kateseymour
Thank you

Hiya,

The History department is based in Vanbrugh College but this doesn't mean that all of your teaching will take place there. Taking into account sizes of lectures, seminar groups etc your teaching will be spread across Campus West so you might not neccessarily want to live near the department. Campus East is a few minutes away on the free bus/25 minutes walking and Halifax College has a shuttle bus or is is a 10 minute walk away.

The most convenient will be James, Vanbrugh and Derwent Colleges as they are situated both near your department/teaching rooms and it's a 5-10 minute walk anywhere on Campus West.

Definitely have a think about what accommodation the colleges have, as it is varied. A good place to start is thinking about whether you want an ensuite or shared bathroom and whether you want to be catered or self-catered. Check out our Rooms and prices page to see what the different types are and where. We also have individual College pages where you can see more pictures and info.

Hopefully some of our students will let you know which they think the most sociable college is, but for now this might help with your choices.

Annie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending