The Student Room Group

City And Islington Sixth Form College

Hi there, I'm planning to go here.
Is this a good college? what are the timetables like? How is the atmosphere and the social life?
I want to take economics,maths,history and computing
I will have to take a long journey to get there maybe an hour, is it a good idea to go here?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Reply 2
a bit late but i'm a student there and it's pretty great

if you're asking in terms of teaching, i'd give it an 8/10. i was a bit unlucky with my math teacher but hopefully you won't get him. (A2 math is a pain in the ass btw) i can't speak for the rest your subjects but all the teachers i have are not too uptight but they know what they're doing. great careers team as well.

timetables aren't like your regular sixth form - you get one 3 hour lesson and one 1.5 hour lesson for each subject plus a 1.5 hour tutorial but they usually last less. for AS i started at 9am most days but some days ended at 12.15. if you're lucky, you'll get some 1.15pm or 3pm starts :wink: but watch out for those 3 hour long breaks, they last for centuries. just make sure you're productive

the atmosphere is awesome, very chill, the people are really diverse and you'll make a lot of interesting(?) friends. you get quite a lot of free time with our timetables so plenty of time to hang out with some mates around angel

overall i don't think you'd regret it, i come from leyton so it's about an hour for me as well but i think it's pretty worth it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by woni101
a bit late but i'm a student there and it's pretty great

if you're asking in terms of teaching, i'd give it an 8/10. i was a bit unlucky with my math teacher but hopefully you won't get him. (A2 math is a pain in the ass btw) i can't speak for the rest your subjects but all the teachers i have are not too uptight but they know what they're doing. great careers team as well.

timetables aren't like your regular sixth form - you get one 3 hour lesson and one 1.5 hour lesson for each subject plus a 1.5 hour tutorial but they usually last less. for AS i started at 9am most days but some days ended at 12.15. if you're lucky, you'll get some 1.15pm or 3pm starts :wink: but watch out for those 3 hour long breaks, they last for centuries. just make sure you're productive

the atmosphere is awesome, very chill, the people are really diverse and you'll make a lot of interesting(?) friends. you get quite a lot of free time with our timetables so plenty of time to hang out with some mates around angel

overall i don't think you'd regret it, i come from leyton so it's about an hour for me as well but i think it's pretty worth it :smile:

Sounds great, are there good university links? also did you guys ever go into the city or the west end? seeing as the college is so close lol
Reply 4
Original post by jumpman123
Sounds great, are there good university links? also did you guys ever go into the city or the west end? seeing as the college is so close lol

Not so much the west end for me xD but i went around shoreditch quite a bit and the kings cross area but im sure you'll be able to explore as much as you want! And yeah we have links with UCL and City, might be more but i cant remember :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest