The Student Room Group

refused to give up my seat for woman with baby on the bus today

i told her it doesnt matter, her baby has their own seat in the pram
she is not entitled to my seat because shes too lazy to stand

anyone else do this all the time?

Scroll to see replies

"Her baby has their own seat in the pram" made me laugh more than it should have.
No, because I'm not a shallow prick.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
No, because I'm not a shallow prick.

her baby wasnt effected
i would give up my seat if threre wasnt space for the baby
but if she wants my space aswell? nah fam, you can stand
Reply 4
Sit at the back and push the baby down the middle for the lols and then get off.
And then you made a thread on a forum about it. You just reached the peak of coolness. Congratulations!
Reply 6
I'd give the seat up. It wouldn't do me harm standing up anyways. I guess it depends on how the mother asks though.
:yawn:
To be honest I do this all the time. Even ones that are pregnant. I sit down in solidarity with you OP.
You know what they say, Karma is a biscuit.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
To be honest I do this all the time. Even ones that are pregnant. I sit down in solidarity with you OP.

i really feel we are on to something here
I tried to read this but my eyes welled up and I gave up halfway through because I could no longer make out the text… probably because I was yawning.
You are entitled to refuse.

No particular reason why new mothers deserve special treatment.

Obviously giving your seat up for a pregnant woman or elderly person would be the polite thing to do.

:wink:
Seriously, common courtesy is rare these days :s-smilie:

Sarcasm by any chance? How can you not give a seat up to a person that is pregnant, especially if you're perfectly capable of standing?
Original post by Nettled
Sarcasm by any chance? How can you not give a seat up to a person that is pregnant, especially if you're perfectly capable of standing?

if they sit it might hurt the baby
its better if they stand

i
Original post by Straighthate
if they sit it might hurt the baby
its better if they stand

i

I'm not understanding your logic.
Original post by Nettled

How can I not? Quite easily I tell you that. All of the pregnant women I've seen on the train have been perfectly capable of standing. I would only give up my seat for somebody who is very visibly old.

What especially annoys me about pregnant women on the tube is that they wear the 'baby on board' badges which are quite passive aggressive. And they must be resisted.
i told her it doesnt matter, her baby has their own seat in the pram
she is not entitled to my seat because shes too lazy to stand

anyone else do this all the time?

i agree with you here on being a new mother with a baby. so what? you can stand properly can't you? what special rights are you entitled to that i'm not?
her baby wasnt effected
i would give up my seat if threre wasnt space for the baby
but if she wants my space aswell? nah fam, you can stand

yup
Original post by stefano865
You are entitled to refuse.

No particular reason why new mothers deserve special treatment.

Obviously giving your seat up for a pregnant woman or elderly person would be the polite thing to do.

:wink:

i would do this however since i believe they might have problems standing and moving about so sitting down will only benefit them by giving them a more enjoyable and comfortable ride compared to if they had to stand up all the time
How can I not? Quite easily I tell you that. All of the pregnant women I've seen on the train have been perfectly capable of standing. I would only give up my seat for somebody who is very visibly old.

What especially annoys me about pregnant women on the tube is that they wear the 'baby on board' badges which are quite passive aggressive. And they must be resisted.

why do you make me do this? huh?

Quick Reply

Latest