The Student Room Group

AQA AS level geography case studies

I have a question about case studies concerning population management. In my revision guide, there are two examples:
UK (MEDC) ageing population, including the impacts and management.
Uganda (LEDC) youthful population, including impacts and management.
My teacher has also given me a case studies about the Chinese one-child policy, French pronatal policy and other population management case studies (aswell as UK and Uganda). This is confusing me because I believe I don't actually have to know the case studies my teacher gave me (China and France) because, looking at past paper questions, it would appear that UK and Uganda information can be applied to a question about the impacts of population issues and questions about how they're managed.
Can someone clarify if I actually need to learn China and France, I already have loads of case study facts to learn and if it isn't necessary then I don't really want to do it.
Thanks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Oddwatermelon
I have a question about case studies concerning population management. In my revision guide, there are two examples:
My teacher has also given me a case studies about the Chinese one-child policy, French pronatal policy and other population management case studies (aswell as UK and Uganda). This is confusing me because I believe I don't actually have to know the case studies my teacher gave me (China and France) because, looking at past paper questions, it would appear that UK and Uganda information can be applied to a question about the impacts of population issues and questions about how they're managed.
Can someone clarify if I actually need to learn China and France, I already have loads of case study facts to learn and if it isn't necessary then I don't really want to do it.
Thanks.

hey, i'm doing population as well, i don't think you need to know a particular case study as long as you know it in enough detail to apply to any question. My scheme of work says you need to know two case studies of population management at two different levels of development
ie. mine are -
1) Japan (high income)
2) Philippines (middle/low income)
so basically you can do uk and uganda which tbh to me seems better because they're a larger gap economically
hope this helped
Original post by Oddwatermelon
Thanks.

Hey, my teacher told us to use the 'Syrian refugee crisis' and Germany accepting 800,000 migrants this year and how it would affect their population long-term and short-term. Germany's population growth is currently one of the lowest in the world with a shrinking population, similar to Japan however they are yet to implement such a 'radical' immigration policy, and they probably won't, so in the long-term we can begin to see Germany's population continuing to grow at its current pace, and Japan's population decreasing. Also, yes the French pro-natal policy and the One child policy is relevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending