The Student Room Group

13th Apr: What do you think is the best age to have kids?

This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about parenting!

Do you plan on having kids? Are you thinking about having a baby but worried about your age or what others will say? Or if you’re already a young parent we’d love to hear your story as well as your top advice for new parents!

Remember that you can post on this thread anonymously.

Scroll to see replies

Well imo never because not maternal at all and don't want a boyfriend/husband etc :smile:

---------------
Also random point but TSR can you please not encourage the use of extreme bracycephalic breeds in your advertising? The pug used to advertise this article had stenotic nostrils and a rather flat face although to it's credit it didn't have squiff eyes so that is something. Just think that as a site TSR has a responsibility to advertise responsibly (sorry it is just a bug bear i have :redface:):
Reply 2
Personally not planning on kids - I mean I'm not 18 yet so they're not really an issue for me. However, I'd say mid-late 20s because then you're young enough to be able to keep up with the anklebiters but old enough to be in a relatively stable position.
I would definitely not be ready until I was at least 30
Original post by BBC Radio 1
This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about parenting!

Do you plan on having kids? Are you thinking about having a baby but worried about your age or what others will say? Or if you’re already a young parent we’d love to hear your story as well as your top advice for new parents!

Remember that you can post on this thread anonymously.

I m hoping to have at least two kids and hopefully have the first one around 24/25. I think it varies between people when they feel ready to have a children.
I want children,most defiantly and I want 4.

As far as age goes,I honestly believe that if you are financially stable and have the support around you,then age shouldn't matter. I would love to start a family,really soon (I am nearly 21) but at the moment I am hoping to go to university and my boyfriend isn't ready to have children yet,but defiantly will in the future.
I used to say around 24/25. But I'm 21 this year and the thought of having a child in a couple years seems very odd haha. I still want a few years to enjoy myself, travel, have a solid career, build a relationship with someone etc. So realistically I think if you want the above then 27/28 would be the best time.
i WANT 7 KIDS
so we can all sit in a big circle and do voodoo together
No baby for me. Seemed like a good idea up until about a year ago but not anymore. Future is bleak for this generation
I defo want to have kids, the number depends on whether i'm married/in a long term relationship or i'm starting a family as a single parent. I want to adopt and have bio kids. Will probably start at around age 30. because now (aged 20) is all about career building and taking care of myself and possibly finding that special other half
Never, but if I was forced to have children, I'd say late 30s, maybe 38, so I can have a career which is far more important than pushing a larvae out of me
Well, I guess for me I'd deffo would want to have my first kid before the age of 30, so maybe around 27/28 hopefully.:h:
I've just turned 24 and I'm hoping to have a child within the next year or so. It terrifies me a lot because for some reason 24+ are now viewed by a lot as too immature to be a parent and I really hate having to deal with judgement while dealing with other issues. It also worries me that no matter how financially ready we think we are, we'll still struggle once there's a baby to provide for. I was told these are all normal worries though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I would advise early to mid 30s. I am a mature student with two children born when I was 32 and 36 years old. I studied, partied, travelled, pursued a successful career and I am back in pursuit of achieving even higher career success.

I would not have been able to undertake some of my early career roles, the ones that laid crucial groundwork, if I had children in my 20s.
I definitely want kids when I'm older. I think I'd like to have children in the late 20s/early 30s so me and my partner have a couple of years to ourselves? :rofl:
30, or possibly slightly earlier (depending on what a prospective partner/spouse wants).
I am 17 and don't want any kids of my own. Would love to adopt though
I'd love to have 2 or 3 kids but not until I'm at least 26
Reply 19
I'm 22 and proud parent to the most sweet hearted 2 yo and I wouldn't change a thing.

She wasn't planned, I never thought I was a maternal person and my circumstances were far from ideal,
however there is no love like it; it grows you as a person, you live for their happiness and well being.

If you've got that you've got it all its the true meaning of love conquers all.

I've faced some criticism for being a young parent and even lost some ''friends'' but things that people worry about like career, education, finances, relationships don't mean so much.

Having a certain level of emotional maturity, you have the ability to acknowledge what your child needs as well as your own flaws, and it's just great 17 or 37 you can attain that based on your personality of that place and time in your life age has nowt to do with it.

Well I can ramble on!! That's my 2 pennies worth any way! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending