The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer quandary

Hi,
My son has had one of his offers converted to unconditional if it is his firm choice. Is there any mileage in him contacting the uni he really wants to go to asking if they would match it? Or will that be really frowned upon?
Depends on the uni that gave him that offer, and the uni that he wants to go to.

I wouldn't say that it would be frowned upon, but I doubt you'd get anywhere by doing it. Worth a try I guess. What's the worst they could say to him? No?
Reply 2
We tried that last year but they didn't budge from their original offer. Although it's worked out for the best anyway as my daughters happy with her choice and is nearly finished her first year...on a course she enjoys...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Bluebells60
We tried that last year but they didn't budge from their original offer. Although it's worked out for the best anyway as my daughters happy with her choice and is nearly finished her first year...on a course she enjoys...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, it's his decision in the end and he is capable of achieving his offers, if he steps up to the task. Being happy and comfortable is so important.
Reply 4
Original post by Custard pie
Hi,
My son has had one of his offers converted to unconditional if it is his firm choice. Is there any mileage in him contacting the uni he really wants to go to asking if they would match it? Or will that be really frowned upon?

It's a marketing ploy, for their benefit not his. He should pick the course and uni he likes most, ignoring this kind of fluff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending