The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Choosing a Foundation Course over a BA? Is it heard of?

So I've been accepted to LCC, UAL, Camberwell and LCF but also to the CSM foundation course. I have seriously been considering the CSM foundation course as a year where I can let loose creatively after years of high school. Why have you guys chosen the Foundation Course? I'd appreciate any help :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not in London, don't have a clue what uni's any of those letters are so sorry if I'm replying to a topic I don't know much about.

But, I chose a foundation degree rather than a BA, so I imagine that some of the same reasons apply to both of us.

My main reason for choosing the foundation was if I am going to get forced to go to uni (by my college, long story) then I am not going for any longer than I need to, so a 2 year foundation degree is more appealing than a 3 year BA. Additionally I believed the foundation would be easier, and therefore be a more bearable experience than if I was on the BA.

That was my 2 main reasons, does that help with your question?

If you want to know anything more about choosing foundation or BA ask and I will try to help.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by dipka
I'm not in London, don't have a clue what uni's any of those letters are so sorry if I'm replying to a topic I don't know much about.

But, I chose a foundation degree rather than a BA, so I imagine that some of the same reasons apply to both of us.

My main reason for choosing the foundation was if I am going to get forced to go to uni (by my college, long story) then I am not going for any longer than I need to, so a 2 year foundation degree is more appealing than a 3 year BA. Additionally I believed the foundation would be easier, and therefore be a more bearable experience than if I was on the BA.

That was my 2 main reasons, does that help with your question?

If you want to know anything more about choosing foundation or BA ask and I will try to help.

Thanks for the reply! I think we're in two completely different boats here, because I absolutely can't wait to go to university, and I saw the foundation course as a detour from this. Now however, after reading some stuff online it seems like a really immersive and amazing creative course that could really prepare me creatively for what I will be doing on my BA. What are you currently studying?
Reply 3
Original post by Lucasgf
Thanks for the reply! I think we're in two completely different boats here, because I absolutely can't wait to go to university, and I saw the foundation course as a detour from this. Now however, after reading some stuff online it seems like a really immersive and amazing creative course that could really prepare me creatively for what I will be doing on my BA. What are you currently studying?

As you really want to go it sounds like the full 3 years of a BA would be right for you.
But, if the foundation course has better modules, or as you say an amazing course their is no reason you can't do that foundation course then do a 'top up year' to a BA. I think that works out pretty similar to a full BA overall, you do just have to follow the rules for foundation the first 2 which are a bit different.

I'm studying FdA Outdoor Activities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending