The Student Room Group

If you had time stopped for 5 years, what you would study?

Scroll to see replies

Classics - I'd love to become an expert on Latin, Greek or Sanskrit - & Theology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Human Social and Political Sciences at Cambridge, before doing the Masters I'm going to be doing at Cambridge anyway.
Reply 22
What a great answers you guys :biggrin:
Something random that I'm interested in, but not a lot of job prospects, so either Chinese history or conspiracy theories!
The history of BDSM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would probably end up writing books, but probably study for a levels the last 2 years.
Secterian Issues in Lebanon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I would start pursuing one of the goals on my bucket list, which is to read Anna Karenina in its original form aka learn Russian.

Or I would do a BA in Middle Eastern Studies (idk if that is a thing in the UK, but they have it at Norwegian unis)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by selmss
I would start pursuing one of the goals on my bucket list, which is to read Anna Karenina in its original form aka learn Russian.

Or I would do a BA in Middle Eastern Studies (idk if that is a thing in the UK, but they have it at Norwegian unis)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh that is interesting! To get the full Tolstoy experience? :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Ooh that is interesting! To get the full Tolstoy experience? :biggrin:

Yeees, I'm a huge Tolstoy fan, and his depiction of 19th century Russian society is so fascinating, and I think my impression of it would be more complete if I read it in Russian. However, there are like several pages that consist of full blown French dialogue, so I guess I should put French to that bucket list as well hah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by selmss
Yeees, I'm a huge Tolstoy fan, and his depiction of 19th century Russian society is so fascinating, and I think my impression of it would be more complete if I read it in Russian. However, there are like several pages that consist of full blown French dialogue, so I guess I should put French to that bucket list as well hah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved AK, it was absolutely beautiful. I too would love to read it executed in the pure Russian format!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending