The Student Room Group

New AS exams

How are you guys finding the new breadth and depth specimen papers? . I'm predicted A's but I find the spec papers ridiculously hard( highest grade was 60% for bio). It's just so different from the past papers and doesn't include a lot of the stuff i've actually learned. It's all just practicals! The exams are in a couple of weeks and I don't even think I'll scrape a B. Does anyone actually find them easy and if so how are you revising for it?
Everyone's saying the same things. I think if you look at previous specimen papers, you'll find that they're often a lot harder than the actual exam paper, so you should have nothing to worry about.

But as for the style of questions/type of content, I'm not so sure myself as to whether it's going to change (pretty drastically) to be more like on the specimen papers. Unfortunately we'll have to wait and see.

I think I remember reading on one of the OCR or AQA science webpages that they would be releasing more material nearer to the exams? Does anyone else recall reading this?...
I JUST LOGGED IN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS!
the multiple choice is very frustrating :no:

OCR B chemistry is the devil
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by sen99
How are you guys finding the new breadth and depth specimen papers? . I'm predicted A's but I find the spec papers ridiculously hard( highest grade was 60% for bio). It's just so different from the past papers and doesn't include a lot of the stuff i've actually learned. It's all just practicals! The exams are in a couple of weeks and I don't even think I'll scrape a B. Does anyone actually find them easy and if so how are you revising for it?

Just the same, I'm really hoping for as little practical stuff as possible.
Peek-a-boo, I found you :smile:

Original post by sen99

Omg same :frown:
Reply 5
Hopefully the grade boundaries will be fairly low this year to compensate. My teachers expect them to be low-ish but they seem to be as clueless as the students about the change.

Quick Reply

Latest