The Student Room Group

Do AQA repeat their English Literature exam questions?

I'm doing my GCSEs this summer (2019), and I'm wondering about the English Literature exam, and the questions that they give us

The texts I'm studying are An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and Romeo and Juliet. One of the main forms of revision I'm doing for English right now is doing past questions for these texts. However, I've noticed that I've only really been able to find the same 20-25 questions for each text. So my question is this: Do AQA re-use old English lit questions for their exams, or do they make new ones each year?
Reply 1
Good question. Every time there is a new GCSE English Literature qualification/specification, the exam boards create new questions for each examination (new questions each Summer and new questions for the resit paper).

For your AQA qualification/specification (8702) the first examinations were sat in 2017, so it's very unlikely that they will repeat anything you've seen on these past papers. Questions can be pretty similar to those featured within papers from older specifications though, because there are only a certain number of characters and themes! So, you could get questions with a similar focus to papers from older specifications (remember the question wording, layout, mark scheme, AOs etc. will be different to those of your newer qualification).

I've never known any exam board reuse the exact same extract more than once.

It's great to work through the past papers available: can you use them as inspiration to create questions of your own...? You never know you might end up with your own made-up questions on the day!

If you have a go at making up a question but you're not sure about it, contact me and I can have a quick look for you.

Hope that's helped a little, it's a bit of a confusing subject!
Best of luck with your revision.
any predictions for AQA

Blood brothers

Christmas carol

Romeo and Juliet

Love and relationship poem
Hi I'm doing exactly the same texts as you (along with L and R poetry) - where did you find all the past paper questions?
Original post by harrywolfhom
I'm doing my GCSEs this summer (2019), and I'm wondering about the English Literature exam, and the questions that they give us

The texts I'm studying are An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and Romeo and Juliet. One of the main forms of revision I'm doing for English right now is doing past questions for these texts. However, I've noticed that I've only really been able to find the same 20-25 questions for each text. So my question is this: Do AQA re-use old English lit questions for their exams, or do they make new ones each year?
Reply 4
You can find the assessment materials AQA have made available using this link -best of luck with it all! https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse/english-literature-8702/assessment-resources
TODAY THEY DID OMG. beatrice for 4 years straight and hyde/jekyll for 4 years
Reply 6
Hi, is it possible for AQA to use the same power and conflict poem for 2 years in a row?
Reply 7
Original post by t.p
Hi, is it possible for AQA to use the same power and conflict poem for 2 years in a row?

I doubt it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending